Sodium & potassium up a little
03-08-2020, (Subject: Sodium & potassium up a little ) 
RE: Sodium & potassium up a little

On my sample three back they highlighted potassium, iron was up also.
Around here there are a lot of potash mines, they use the mineral salt on our roads, but I was getting higher than normal level suddenly.
Dealer did injectors cup o-rings right before that. I found they didn’t tighten the clamp on the rubber boot intake on the turbo, so it was sucking in road spray.
Numbers in subsequent samples went back down
replyreply
(03-08-2020 )uncleal13 Wrote:  On my sample three back they highlighted potassium, iron was up also.
Around here there are a lot of potash mines, they use the mineral salt on our roads, but I was getting higher than normal level suddenly.
Dealer did injectors cup o-rings right before that. I found they didn’t tighten the clamp on the rubber boot intake on the turbo, so it was sucking in road spray.

Just seems like a lot of hours between oil changes... Adds up to like 22k+ or more miles for most highway trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-08-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-08-2020 )uncleal13 Wrote:  On my sample three back they highlighted potassium, iron was up also.

Just seems like a lot of hours between oil changes... Adds up to like 22k+ or more miles for most highway trucks.
About 17,000 miles. Super B train hopper bottom.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(03-08-2020 )uncleal13 Wrote:  
(03-08-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  Just seems like a lot of hours between oil changes... Adds up to like 22k+ or more miles for most highway trucks.
About 17,000 miles. Super B train hopper bottom.

just make sure you apply fuel mileage into your oil change interval. oil wears out/contaminates/separates quicker, the harder you work an engine. the lower the fuel mileage, the more often you should change it for maximum longevity vs. cost of oil replacements. too far one way or the other costs you more than necessary over the long term.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.