no regens while driving
03-07-2020, (Subject: no regens while driving ) 
no regens while driving
cm 871 2010 lonestar mandate back on two weeks. ran two trips now, only about 2500 miles checked regen history there were none exept force regens ive done. no attempts either. started truck in morning got engine warn. then dpf filter light came on solid and screen said parked regen required. warmed up truck had cruise off brakes on hit button button flashed three times and nothing happens. tried about ten times, then noticed when i hit regen button screen flashes very quickly "inhibited" i had to hit button repeatedly just to read, that's how fast it flashes. pluged in faults reading active regen required. tried driving to see if it would regen on hyway did not for one hour. engine warn came on i pulled over did forced regen insite. started instantly numbers were good while regening and saying moderate soot level.. first run truck was soso farted 5 times little puff black smoke with each fart last trip home farted at least 30 times and when on power lightly trailing black smoke. only sensors i haven't changed is egr temp sensor and sensor after turbo on cac pipe. looked in Features and Parameters other day and saw three items were disabled booth switches for regen and exhaust high temp lamp i enabled them What im wondering is since i un deleted truck could something from Original Diesel Spit Delete still be stopping truck from regening . maybe they changed somthing else. is there any where i can look with insite.
replyreply
03-08-2020, (Subject: no regens while driving ) 
RE: no regens while driving
if you dont have a stock tune or a DPF intact legal tune then it wont work.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
yes to stock tune and doc and dpf
replyreply
If you have a "regen inhibit" switch in the dash, make sure it is in the correct position.

It could also be that the feature (Under Features and Parameters) for the regen inhibit switch (or one of its sub settings) is set incorrectly. - This,as well as a few other settings can indeed be carried over from a deleted program back to a stock factory program when the ecm was flashed with Insite. This is because Insite backs up and restores the "Features and Parameters" section of whatever program you have in the ecm. Some of these settings will fall within the realm of parameters that the Insite software itself considers during its backup/restore Features and Parameters option/phase during the re-flash.

The problem can indeed be in the programming still. If the discrepancy is not found, then you will likely need to pull the program out of the ecm (with C.a.l.t.e.r.m) as it sits and compare it to another trucks settings that were pulled (lonestar or possibly prostar) where the system is working properly and look specifically for settings involved with the regen switch and its sub-processes/settings. This would be a last resort, as a person never knows what data might be carried over by Insite when re-flashing an ecm.

BTW: When the light just blinks at you a few times and stops after pushing the button, it is trying to tell you that regen is not required or is inhibited for one or more of several possible reasons. This does NOT come from the engine, but the cab controller, and it could be anything. Things like the tail shaft speed sensor signal bouncing around a bit due to slop in the driveshaft and enigne running (a very common one), the park brake not in the right position, the clutch pedal signal incorrect, it could think the tranny is in gear, inhibit switch in the wrong position,.. or even it seeing the engine itself does not require one at this time (regen required light is not on in the dash). - It is a whole host of things that will cause that switch to just flash at you like that. - You should look at the visor above the drivers windshield. Most prostars and lonestars have the instructions/conditions for doing a successful parked regen using the switch in the dash printed on the top side of the visor. Some clues to what condition the truck should be in will be listed there. Similar instructions are also in the user manual for the truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: slowpoke

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.