Oil sample take a look and comment please
07-07-2016, (Subject: Oil sample take a look and comment please ) 
Oil sample take a look and comment please
Did a oil sample at speedco the numbers I see look very different from before. Please let me know if there way of or are they good thanks [/php]

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201607/post_675_1467911816_b54e4d2b672030537d9e0dcc5244b113.jpg
replyreply
RE: Oil sample take a look and comment please
Looks ok. Sodium is up a little. Watch for coolant loss.
I guess you're doing extended changes.
Personally, I don't have much faith in Speedco oil analysis. I'd rather send it to a lab.
The highlighted viscosity number is only one point above spec, and two points higher than two samples ago. Doesn't seem like much.
I went the extended drain route with my last truck with a Cat, with a big bypass filter.
Now I have the Amsoil bypass filter but I'm still going to change at 15,000.
The rebuild only has 45,000 on it. The samples are coming back excellent. The lab is recommending extending drains. I might go 20 but that's about it.
replyreply
(07-07-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Looks ok. Sodium is up a little. Watch for coolant loss.
I guess you're doing extended changes.
Personally, I don't have much faith in Speedco oil analysis. I'd rather send it to a lab.
The highlighted viscosity number is only one point above spec, and two points higher than two samples ago. Doesn't seem like much.
I went the extended drain route with my last truck with a Cat, with a big bypass filter.
Now I have the Amsoil bypass filter but I'm still going to change at 15,000.
The rebuild only has 45,000 on it. The samples are coming back excellent. The lab is recommending extending drains. I might go 20 but that's about it.

thanks you for looking at it. the sodium is what's got me worry but I'm not losing any coolant. what lab would u recommend to send the oil to get check
replyreply
07-08-2016, (Subject: Oil sample take a look and comment please ) 
There are several. I use Blackstone, but they charge extra for TBN and soot. So I don't get them. I probably should find another one. Maybe make a separate post about that, unless using names violates the forum policy.
replyreply
07-08-2016, (Subject: Oil sample take a look and comment please ) 
I use polaris labs their do more precise analysis than speedco. Speedco shows like basic sample only metal wear, doesnt show how much additives like zinc, phosporus.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
07-09-2016, (Subject: Oil sample take a look and comment please ) 
i get my oil sample test kits from Amsoil. i just sent in my 1st sample to them. we'll see how it goes.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.