Coolant spraying all over motor under a load
03-12-2020, (Subject: Coolant spraying all over motor under a load ) 
Coolant spraying all over motor under a load
I'm having an issue with the coolant. Keeps spraying out the pressure cap. Has been to shop and they thought they had it figured out. Just had front main seal, rear main seal, oil pan gasket and clutch replaced. This coolant issue started when I picked it up from the shop. Truck has 724079 miles on it, air builds normal. Coolant only does this when under a load.
replyreply
RE: Coolant spraying all over motor under a load
Sounds like a dropped liner, what engine do you have? Get a block test kit from napa, you'll know pretty quick where you stand.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I have the isx 15 st400. Wouldn't it run rough with a dropped liner?
replyreply
Cracked head, dropped liner, bad air compressor head all could cause the type of pressure needed to lift coolant and push it out cap

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Did they drain the coolant and re-fill it while they were doing any of the repairs / working on it?

Sounds like dropped or warped liner. Remove the oil and drop the oil pan and let it sit over night with 20 psi on the coolant system,.. look for coolant seeping out of the bottom of the cylinder liners next day while turning engine by hand slowly. Find out what cylinder it is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-12-2020 )jslogistics Wrote:  I have the isx 15 st400. Wouldn't it run rough with a dropped liner?

Nope

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-12-2020 )jslogistics Wrote:  I have the isx 15 st400. Wouldn't it run rough with a dropped liner?

Nope, it will run just fine, been through it twice... You will just blow coolant lines and make a mess under the hood, and it will cost you some coin.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.