Washer fluid pump not working
03-12-2020, (Subject: Washer fluid pump not working ) 
Washer fluid pump not working
We have a 2013 Peterbilt 579 with a Cummins.

Washer fluid quit working all together. Wipers come on but pump is not getting any power.
Good ground, replaced pump and wiper switch. Could not find any fuses for washer pump. Just checking to see if anyone else has had this issue before we go tearing apart the wiring harness for problems.
replyreply
RE: Washer fluid pump not working
It's on a fuse somewhere. I believe your fuse box is on firewall under hood check for any bad fuses.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
If the pump is not getting power, but has ground, chase the + pump wire in the harness, odds are it is broken somewhere up the line or the switch is bad at the steering wheel.
replyreply
03-17-2020, (Subject: Washer fluid pump not working ) 
All fuses and relays checked out fine.
(03-12-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  It's on a fuse somewhere. I believe your fuse box is on firewall under hood check for any bad fuses.
replyreply
I have eliminated the pump and washer switch. Any other ideas? I still have not found a fuse for washer pump. I believe there is going to be a broken wire somewhere.
(03-12-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  If the pump is not getting power, but has ground, chase the + pump wire in the harness, odds are it is broken somewhere up the line or the switch is bad at the steering wheel.
replyreply
Well if you can't find a fuse it is probably because the washer pump is controlled by a module. Like body control module (can't remember what they call it). I know the chassis node controls the exterior lighting on these paccar trucks.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
03-18-2020, (Subject: Washer fluid pump not working ) 
When I bought my last truck one of the items on the DOT inspection that did not work was the windshield washer fluid pump not working. The connector going to the pump had power so I got a new pump. Still not working, so I thought bad pump. Turned out to be the connection itself between the male and female connectors. The spring on the connection did not have good enough pressure against the metal studs and would not turn the pump on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys , Rawze
03-26-2020, (Subject: Washer fluid pump not working ) 
Thank you for the response. I need to find a good day so I can properly diagnose this issue.
(03-18-2020 )Bahdan Wrote:  When I bought my last truck one of the items on the DOT inspection that did not work was the windshield washer fluid pump not working. The connector going to the pump had power so I got a new pump. Still not working, so I thought bad pump. Turned out to be the connection itself between the male and female connectors. The spring on the connection did not have good enough pressure against the metal studs and would not turn the pump on.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.