Inactive Doser Valve
03-14-2020, (Subject: Inactive Doser Valve ) 
Inactive Doser Valve
Coming south on I25 today 30 miles north of NM state line:

Red solid light on DEF gauge
Check engine amber.

Stopped hooked up insite 3567 code: DEF Doser Valve - Current below normal or open circuit

Nothing I could do other than go with it (Yes I knew what was going on, but 200 miles from Denver, Albq and Amarillo I was heading home to Dallas so Amarillo the choice) I get just outside of Raton, Engine Derate code. I was empty so I never really noticed the derate. I got to Amarillo and the solid red light on the DEF gauge began flashing. I made it to the Petro parked in fuel island and while getting fuel and red stop engine light full derate code 3712 SCR operator Inducement - Data Valid but above normal operational range - most severe level.

My truck is a 2014 Pete 388; Engine 2013 ISX15, 2350.

The dose valve was replaced at 501,841 12-28-18; current OD: 581,090.

I'm currently sitting (I did manage to get parked) at the Petro.

Any help suggestions etc would be most appreciated..
replyreply
03-15-2020, (Subject: Inactive Doser Valve ) 
RE: Inactive Doser Valve
Check the voltage to the doser (preferably while it is still connected, to load the circuit). Check the continuity from the doser to the ECM. If you find high resistance or an open circuit between the ECM and doser, then you need to repair a wiring fault. If all checks out, then the doser has an open circuit in it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
A silly or more likely a foolish question.

Is there anyway to override the system to get this truck 300 miles down the road? I have no interest to cause added harm to my truck but if it’s possible to get it home everything i need is at my fingertips. Just asking.
replyreply
New development:

For the purpose of getting air on the system to raise the truck up enough for me to crawl under it. (Im a car hauler so my ground clearance is very tough for a bigger guy like myself) So upon starting the truck, i noticed the once solid and then flashing red light on the def gauge was no longer active.

I hooked up insite. All faults were inactive.

Good on one hand, frightful on the other.

Is it true everything is functioning (POSITIVE) or is it a False-Positive and as soon as I get up to highway speed and everything at full run operating temperature it’s going to show itself again?

Can I know before I go?
replyreply
The thing clearing itself up like that almost sounds like when it cooled off, the fault/short/open curcuit went away?.

Just a thought.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-15-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  New development:

For the purpose of getting air on the system to raise the truck up enough for me to crawl under it. (Im a car hauler so my ground clearance is very tough for a bigger guy like myself) So upon starting the truck, i noticed the once solid and then flashing red light on the def gauge was no longer active.

Is it true everything is functioning (POSITIVE) or is it a False-Positive and as soon as I get up to highway speed and everything at full run operating temperature it’s going to show itself again?

Can I know before I go?

So, stupid question, but did you fill up on DEF while at the fuel island? I ask because that red light on the DEF gauge usually warms of low fluid level. The derate could have simply been due to being too low on DEF.

As for the SCR code, 3567, I used to get that once or twice a day. Usually I would just hook up insite and clear the codes once or twice a day. That resets the counter which resulted in the 3712 code. If like me your 3567 was intermittent then you can go weeks just by occasionally clearing the codes. If the 3567 has a high number of occurrences then you'll need to stop more often to clear them.

Either way you should be able to get home, stopping as needed to clear the codes.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(03-15-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(03-15-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  New development:

Can I know before I go?

So, stupid question, but did you fill up on DEF while at the fuel island? I ask because that red light on the DEF gauge usually warms of low fluid level. The derate could have simply been due to being too low on DEF.

As for the SCR code, 3567, I used to get that once or twice a day. Usually I would just hook up insite and clear the codes once or twice a day. That resets the counter which resulted in the 3712 code. If like me your 3567 was intermittent then you can go weeks just by occasionally clearing the codes. If the 3567 has a high number of occurrences then you'll need to stop more often to clear them.

Either way you should be able to get home, stopping as needed to clear the codes.

I initially thought the same thing “low def” but i had filled up my def less than 600 miles. Maybe a bad level sensor? To answer your question though, yes i filled it up at the fuel island (just over 5 gallons) but the flashing red light in the def gauge was still flashing AND i was at a full derate so if that was the problem was their a delay due in the reset because it had already gone so far? So many unanswered questions and possibilities. But yes that what it seemed like was happening was it sensed a low def Level and light goes red. Continues sensing low level light starts flashing (HEY IDIOT IM ABOUT TO SHUT YOU DOWN TO 5mph) and that’s what happened.
replyreply
I can see a darate limiting you to say 1400 rpm or something... but the 5mph ones... and shtutdowns... they are nothing but a road safety hazard and mostly an unnecessary nusence to trucking as a whole.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
(03-15-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  I can see a darate limiting you to say 1400 rpm or something... but the 5mph ones... and shtutdowns... they are nothing but a road safety hazard and mostly an unnecessary nusence to trucking as a whole.

Rawze i decided to keep insite online and go run it up the highway here in Amarillo to see what would happen. I didn’t even get out of parking lot of the petro and same code 3567 and 3714. And the solid red light is on again at the def tank gauge.

Is there anything i can do to prevent that full derate to get home or is that simply ill advised?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.