Inactive Doser Valve
03-15-2020, (Subject: Inactive Doser Valve ) 
RE: Inactive Doser Valve
(03-15-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  Is there anything i can do to prevent that full derate to get home or is that simply ill advised?

not likely without pulling the file with CT software and disabling the shutdowns/derates for it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-15-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-15-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  Is there anything i can do to prevent that full derate to get home or is that simply ill advised?

not likely without pulling the file with CT software and disabling the shutdowns/derates for it.

This is what it’s currently reading.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
I was BARELY able to get up underneath it and reach the connector on the doser. I pulled it but thats ALL i could do. Drive line prevents visually seeing inside it, cant get my head to it. Anyway, I pulled the connector plugged it back in to assure it was tight. Seemed so. Came back to insite after key off and on codes now inactive again and red light is off.

The new image shows doser status “dosing”
Doser valve position “closed”

Guess ill try a test drive again. See what it does.
replyreply
10 mile test drive watching insite.

Doser valve did pulse open closed open etc.

No return of faults this far.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress
Sometimes it literally is a poor connection at a plug. If it stays away, I'd pull that plug back down and inspect it closer to see if the wires are secure in the plug and not corroded. Then use some dielectric grease in it and seal it with flex seal or something of that nature.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
(03-15-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Sometimes it literally is a poor connection at a plug. If it stays away, I'd pull that plug back down and inspect it closer to see if the wires are secure in the plug and not corroded. Then use some dielectric grease in it and seal it with flex seal or something of that nature.

I did in fact make it back to Dallas, no more codes.

Thank you for that tip and that’s the direction I’ll go.
replyreply
Glad to hear you made it. Might as well pull the doser out and inspect it for leaking and buildup. Maybe while it's out run a DEF doser test with Insite to make sure it's spraying properly.

If you're keeping the systems intact you may want to consider having someone tune the ECM to turn off those non-critical derates. Save you from future headaches.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
when my head was getting done i rented a t660 that shutdown to 5mph because the scr system in my mind was the dumbest thing ever if the damn thing isnt over pressurizing the exhaust system due to being plugged the damn thing should only derate in power and never speed causing a road hazard.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(03-15-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  when my head was getting done i rented a t660 that shutdown to 5mph because the scr system in my mind was the dumbest thing ever if the damn thing isnt over pressurizing the exhaust system due to being plugged the damn thing should only derate in power and never speed causing a road hazard.

Agreed. Thankfully i was only limited to 5mph in the petro parking lot. Just pissed off everyone running out of hours hunting for a parking spot. GET OUT OF THE WAY DAMNIT!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.