SCR Question
03-15-2020, (Subject: SCR Question ) 
RE: SCR Question
If you have been driving that thing for 200k miles without your SCR can gutted then you have gotten real lucky so far. -,Many people do nt make it 80,000 miles before the problems set in, and some make it even less.

The can needs to be cut open and welded shut again to be hollowed out 100% to prevent reflected heat, excess back-pressure on the exhaust, and eventual engine and/or turbocharger damage. Most places do not want to tackle this, and are quick to make excuses and say things like that it is a passive device or some other lame/argumentative statement. - They always clog up. They look just like the DPF element and are not designed to handle soot on their own with the emissions systems disabled. It takes a short amount of time for some people and longer for others. All depends on how truck is driven and how healthy the engine is, but it always becomes a problem eventually, and for many people downright causes engine and turbo damage before they realize that it is an issue.

========

If your "programmer guy" is as reputable as you claim, then have him send over a copy of your program for an inspection to check it for safety and correctness. If they refuse then pull a copy of it yourself. E-mail it over to me and I will inspect it for you so you know what you got.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
SCR Question - Hennessey33 - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - JimT - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Hennessey33 - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - JimT - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Lonestar10 - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Rawze - 03-15-2020
RE: SCR Question - Rawze - 03-16-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.