2015 Intl Pro Star
05-15-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star
(05-15-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  UPDATE

Hello hope everyone is in good health.

I've ran truck now for 5500 miles (4 weeks). I will be changing oil next week. I've been monitoring fluids. Coolant no usage whatsoever. Oil on the other hand was full right at letter "F" now I can see the word "FULL"
What do you guys think? I'm not adding oil as it's still within range. Makes me wonder though.

By any chance are you using a different brand of oil than what the engine has been running on? For ex, if you switched to Rotella while it has been run on Delo for majority of the miles...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker

I've ran truck now for 5500 miles (4 weeks). I will be changing oil next week. I've been monitoring fluids. Coolant no usage whatsoever. Oil on the other hand was full right at letter "F" now I can see the word "FULL"
What do you guys think? I'm not adding oil as it's still within range. Makes me wonder though.

Mine will do that too, oil settles up in the head and in all of the little crevices. Let the truck sit overnight and it will normally be a bit higher on the stick after it settles and drains down. I would not be to concerned, check daily.
replyreply
(05-15-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  

By any chance are you using a different brand of oil than what the engine has been running on? For ex, if you switched to Rotella while it has been run on Delo for majority of the miles...
I haven't changed oil on this truck yet. I've had it for 1.5 mos now. Changing oil next week, I'll be using Chevron Delo. The dealer changed the oil prior to me taking possession. They use Mobil Delvac.
replyreply
(05-15-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  

Mine will do that too, oil settles up in the head and in all of the little crevices. Let the truck sit overnight and it will normally be a bit higher on the stick after it settles and drains down. I would not be to concerned, check daily.

Yup that's what I'm doing. Just wanted to get some input.
replyreply
05-17-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
Some Cummins will run at the add mark and never leave it, others will run at full. Mine settles in between full and add.
replyreply
05-18-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
Had a blow out on trlr, highway I88.
Sat there for 3 hrs waited on road svc and repair time. Truck was off. After repair I turned truck on and yellow triangle came and truck derated. I turned truck off waited a few mins opened hood everything seemed normal.
Got back in turned it on and no more light or issues. ELD / OBC showed on J1939 the following generic code - ENGINE #1 / FMI 16 / SPN 1209. any thoughts? Truck ran fine back to chicago where I'm typing . Thx for any feedback.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.