Aftermarket intake 2350
03-17-2020, (Subject: Aftermarket intake 2350 ) 
Aftermarket intake 2350
Does anyone know if an aftermarket intake- like from Bullydog or PukeDits- would make a worthwhile difference in performance or fuel economy? Or are they a waste of money?
replyreply
RE: Aftermarket intake 2350
0 social media snake oil. The only thing that effects fuel is your foot and good tuning.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
most likely a waste of money. I wouldn't consider replacing the intake that was engineered for my engine unless someone can come up with some hard data that backs up their claims. With everything controlled so precisely by the ECM I just wouldn't trust a part that could change the calculations in an unknown way. Perhaps with some testing and some custom tuning it could turn out to be a decent product, but at that point you've probably spent more money than any gains that might be had from the product.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
03-18-2020, (Subject: Aftermarket intake 2350 ) 
Concerning manifolds, higher flow manifolds only make a difference when you start to run into flow restrictions.

Intake manifolds...
For the CM2250/CM2350's, this does not happen until your well into the 700hp range. Even then, simply switching to a standard CM871 intake manifold will suffice. No need for Aftermarket junk.

For the CM871's, this does not happen until your well into the 900hp range.

For the CM870's however, this starts to happen when you get above the 550+ hp range, however this is mostly because of the venturi in the factory manifold, and many people simply remove it (because they have a de-mandate) and get the same benefit as an aftermarket one.

Exhaust manifolds. They are a completely different story. The big restriction in the exhaust manifolds is not the manifold itself, but rather the turbocharger. It will not matter whatsoever how much polishing, bend smoothing, coatings (ceramic or otherwise), etc.. that you do.. it is completely pointless and a waste of money and time because It takes a lot of (80+ psi) of heat and pressure to drive that turbocharger, and that amount of resistance is far greater than any sort of nuance in the manifold designs for the ISX families. Since this restriction is in place, it also will absorb a LOT of heat, meaning any coatings are beyond completely useless towards attempting to reduce it. It is not Not until you have exceeded more than 800+ HP (and high rpm to go with this) on any model ISX, combined with a high flowing turbocharger that is made to handle such power (typically a 600 series Holset or bigger), will any difference even begin to be seen, measured, etc... not even on a sensitive thermal camera.

-- What gets people, and dupes people into buying into that stuff otherwise falsely,... is their eyes + reading all the false claims and idiots testimonials that they advertise them with. Just because it "looks" like it might be better, they jump all over such things with no idea whatsoever and pour money into these companies aftermarket products needlessly. Truck Owners will swear it makes a difference, and the disease of guessing and swearing blindly that something works sets in and those companies selling the stuff push it like it is the next invention since sliced bread. - In reality though ... all the testing in the world shows no real numbers, as it is the belief and the drivers right foot and attitude that changes,.. not the truck and its actual numbers.

======

Unless as stated specifically above... All those advertised claims of "lower egt's" and all the other brainwashing garbage these idiots use to sell them is nothing but pure lies and over-hyped garbage that is used to dupe the unsuspecting truck owner of his moneys... all in the name of a bigger belt-buckle type of bragging rights.. It has no use in the real world under real world conditions, and none of those claims have ever been actually seen with thermal imaging, not seen on a dyno, and not seen in anyone;'s longevity or fuel efficiency at all. - PURELY A FEEL-GOOD PRODUCT THAT MAKES THE TRUCK OWNER'S WALLET MORE EMPTY!.. THAT IS WHAT THOSE PRODUCTS ARE!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , HotRod , Pd6cas2 , JMBT , Roysbigtoys , Signature620
04-07-2020, (Subject: Aftermarket intake 2350 ) 
Hey guys thanks for the responses. Especially with the garbage rates brought on by this virus I don't think I'll be buying anything for the truck except fuel lol.
replyreply
04-08-2020, (Subject: Aftermarket intake 2350 ) 
(04-07-2020 )Semperfiservices Wrote:  Hey guys thanks for the responses. Especially with the garbage rates brought on by this virus I don't think I'll be buying anything for the truck except fuel lol.

Save all you can, for the unexpected surprises.
Old boy scout motto:
Be Prepared

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.