CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold.
03-19-2020, (Subject: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold. ) 
RE: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold.
Received a message from Landstar today, they will pay BCO's (their owner operators) $1,000 per week should we get diagnosed with Covid-19 or if we are required to be quarantined. Estimated duration would be 2 weeks. Otherwise it's still very busy over here.

------------------

PA closed all their Rest Areas and Welcome centers as of Tuesday. Not sure if anything has changed since then or how long they planned to keep them closed. Last I saw on Wednesday morning was barricades at on/off ramps and message boards announcing the statewide closure.

Update: After reading a comment from Chamberpains I found this story regarding the limited reopening of Rest Stops in PA

------------------

I've seen some venders shut down, however most of the construction projects seem to be going on full steam. I run flatbed so I can't speak for the Van segment. New England was turning in to a ghost town when I left Tuesday. I literally left Boston at 4pm 95 to 90 to 84 all the way out to Scranton, PA and I don't think I slowed down for anything except a couple curves. 1/10th the usual traffic. Atlanta traffic was light this morning on the interstates, but where I delivered, west of Georgia Tech, was busy busy busy. And passing through Chattanooga and Knoxville this afternoon traffic seemed almost normal. So, the response seems to vary with the region.

-------------------

TA/Petro, Loves, Pilot/Flying J keep sending me emails about how they are committed to supporting the truckers out on the roads, so at least there's that.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
RE: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold. - JimT - 03-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.