CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold.
03-22-2020, (Subject: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold. ) 
RE: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold.
(03-21-2020 )JimT Wrote:  If this these large scale shutdowns in places like NY, CT, MA, PA, IL and CA continue for long periods of time and/or spread to many more states, then taxes will be the last thing most people worry about. I know many banks and credit cards have said they will work with people affected by Covid-19, but with long term effects even temporary relief might not be enough. Imagine businesses being ordered to shut down yet still needing to come up with large amounts of money to pay wages and bills. Here's nice example. Short term it might be doable, but if this stretches in to weeks/months then there will be some major economic repercussions. Trucking should be mostly OK. Some companies will struggle, but I think for the most part trucking will come out very strong as things clear up. Whenever that is.

My personal opinion is that we are making the situation worse by attempting to mass quarantine. The virus will still spread to a large portion of the population, only with the quarantine effort it will drag out longer. I realize that is the intent, so that medical providers are not swamped with more patients than they can handle, thereby allowing better care for every person. But at the same token the longer it takes to spread through the population, the longer these extreme measures will be in effect, in turn creating the potential for more extreme economic and social consequences.

--------------------

As for the States that don't adjust their tax deadlines the solution is simple, file an extension. This can usually be done online either directly by a person or by a simple efile process done by a preparer, possibly from the comfort of their quarantined home. Yes, I know that an extension to file is not an extension to pay. However it's still an option, especially for those people that may not have much choice due to the ever changing local restrictions.

Thanks Mr Jim for posting
I find your info very helpful

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
Ohio has now joined the list of states completely shut down except for essential businesses. I don't have a link yet but I just watched the Governor announce it. The shut down starts tomorrow at 11:59 pm (3/23/20) and goes till atleast April 6th.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
(03-22-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  JimT, the point of this thread is for information on what the guys out on the road are running into. Last I saw your still out there and I'm watching and learning from the info your posting. It is very valuable. Please keep the discussion to real problems and situations we're currently seeing with trucking and handling all of this. Watch going off on speculation and opinion of this mess and the outfall. (I'd love to get in to that conversation with you) but It will just derail and blur the actual information that's useful.

Not sure I contributed anything substantial, but I try. I also tried not to go tooooo out there with my speculative rambling as this thread should contain useful facts. I usually only get to talk to myself about most things, so discussions, conversations or debates with other intelligent people are always welcome. Whether it be public forums, private messages or other communication mediums.

As for updates, nothing right now. Should find out tomorrow what kind of freight is still moving and where.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Hahaha, JimT Im exactly like you on that. I know exactly what your saying. If I come off as picking on you or anyone else, it's not ment to be. Im a lot more direct when it comes to picking on people. I'm just trying to keep this thread as direct info so it doesn't get washed in noisy conversations. Your experiences are very valuable info in these times along with the help you have given in many other threads. Keep it coming. I'm relying on it from you and others. I assume we are all equally blind in what's going on and whats gonna happen next.
replyreply
Today I entered California, no issues crossing into the state.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , hhow55
03-23-2020, (Subject: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold. ) 
Shelter in place order issued for Dallas county Texas effective midnight tonight

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
As of 5pm Monday (3/23) Louisiana governor has issued a statewide shelter in place as well. Supposedly any non-essential business is to cease operation until April 12th. Also, no groups of 10 or more gatherings.....but apparently day cares’s are remaining open. Doesn’t make sense, but above my pay grade apparently.

—it would be nice to condemn the parishes with the highest rates rather than the whole state...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Roysbigtoys
While at my delivery this morning the business next door laid off all it's employees, evidently MI is shooting down like everyone else today. Maybe someone at home can check the news to verify this one.

I'm actually booked solid with loads for the rest of this week. Heading from MI tight now down to IN, then to PA to IL back to PA on Friday. Hopefully be home by Saturday or Sunday depending on my 70hr clock.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , hhow55
(03-23-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Shelter in place order issued for Dallas county Texas effective midnight tonight

Add Denton County too. Effective 11:59pm 3-23-20 for all NON-ESSENTIAL businesses and personal.

I will be in Irving tomorrow morning working on my truck, if they come by and tell me I can't do that or I'll be fined, fine, I'll go home. Otherwise I will continue business as usual.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.