Max HP and Torque from an ISX CM 2250 CPL 3917
03-25-2020, (Subject: Max HP and Torque from an ISX CM 2250 CPL 3917 ) 
Max HP and Torque from an ISX CM 2250 CPL 3917
Hello,
I am trying to help a friend out. He has an ISX15 CM2250 CPL 3719. He is looking to see what the max HP would be, without having base engine issues. He has been told 450 HP and also 500 HP. He says that it has little lower end power when trying to merge on the highway, even with 20-30K in the box. Any information would be helpful. He mostly runs mountains on east cost of USA. Usually around 40K in the box. Thanks in advance!!!
replyreply
RE: Max HP and Torque from an ISX CM 2250 CPL 3917
You cannot go by the cpl alone. A person needs the engine ser# or at least the calibration name/number that belongs in the enigne from the factory.

Take a read through this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1

Also, for all you know, could have smart torque and load based speed control turned on or some other response limiting things. As well, if the truck has a 1650 clutch, automatic tranny, rollover prevention system, or some other lower torque drive-line components, settings, etc. designed for lower torque or power.

What is the rear ratios?--- Turning up the power is the most expensive thing you can do / puts the most amount of wear on the most expensive component (the engine itself) in the drive-train. Re-gearing the truck is vastly more efficient, yields a lot more results, and is less costly in the long term.

If the truck is not performing as it should, it could be a partially clogged up emissions or egr system, old sensors for the engine and egr systems reading incorrectly, CAC issues, fuel system issues, and a myraid of other things that can make the overall power fall off.

just some of my own thoughts on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mike in NC
Thank you for your response. I am trying to get the owner to send me a picture of the data plate. The original calibration for this engine is CL10136. It was out of a KW and he installed it in a Pete. He said rear ratio is 2.64. The truck is a Wal-Mart spec Pete. I told him it could be fleet features or spec that is making it seem slow at low end. ESN is 79614517. It had some tinkering with it before he bought the engine. It is demandated. Not sure what all was done or who wrote the tune.

I have heard great things about you from a friend that passed away and I believe he had talked to you.

But thank you for your help!!!
replyreply
pull the program out of it for an inspection.

2.64's are horrible rear ends for a truck. The thing will not get out of its own way no matter what you do to it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mike in NC

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.