2015 International Pro star Cab air bags !
03-21-2020, (Subject: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags ! ) 
2015 International Pro star Cab air bags !
I have a 2015 international Pro Star having problem with the cab air bags , I added that after market Air cab air bag system like u guys installed in your video the passanger side cabs sits higher then the driver side and really bouncy when I hit bumps ! Seems to hit hard any ideas has the Hendrickson Suspension.?
replyreply
03-21-2020, (Subject: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags ! ) 
RE: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags !
you most likely have problems with ...

* the front cab mounts are shot.

and/or

* the front cab mounts are uneven height (very common prostar problem).

and/or

* You are too heavy, got too much heavy junk in your cab like chains, lots of tools, etc..

And/or

* your back of cab height is set too low.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CrudeGuy1267
03-22-2020, (Subject: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags ! ) 
Thanks for your help cab mounts are uneven how do I fix that?
replyreply
(03-22-2020 )CrudeGuy1267 Wrote:  Thanks for your help cab mounts are uneven how do I fix that?

The one on the drivers side is adjustable.

Also, for the bushings...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24 , Brock , Waterloo
Those bushings are five, now going on six years old, I replaced mine down at Rawze's place, they were easy to do and worth the little time it took to replace.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
I change mine today they looked fine might have to take to Rawze no one here can figure it out not even the dealers !
replyreply
03-23-2020, (Subject: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags ! ) 
(03-22-2020 )CrudeGuy1267 Wrote:  I change mine today they looked fine might have to take to Rawze no one here can figure it out not even the dealers !

it is not rocket science.

First of all, measure the front cab height between the top of the frame rail and the bottom of the cab on both drivers and passengers sides right behind the front cab mounts. - They should be equal height. This is a problem with prostars, as the drivers side will slip (it is designed to do so) if someone has hit a hard enough pot-holes or is driving like a freggin maniac 70+ mph everywhere and letting the roads beat the crap out of the truck all the time. The drivers side cab mount is adjustable. A person also needs to observe the correct torque specs when adjusting it and tightening it back up so that it can slip again if the truck is hit hard so that cab damage does not occur.

Then, measure the top of the frame rail to the bottom of the cab at the back corners. - this should be the same height, or slightly higher than the front, and they should be fairly equal depending on how unevenly balanced the junk you got inside the cab. When I installed my pro-ride system, I took all my tire chains out from under my bunk, installed a chain hanger+the chains to my passenger side on the frame rail itself, so that the extra weight would not be in the cab.

ASLO--- just as important ... put the truck on a shop floor/level place and measure the bottom of the frame to the ground on both sides in the front and in the back. - If the frame is not level with the ground because you have a weak spring, then the whole truck, and especially the cab is going to lean.

-- Like i said ... not rocket science. Measure and find the errors.

#1 cause of leaning cab on prostar is that front cab mount has slipped down or is out of adjustment.

#2 is weak springs in the front of the truck and frame rail is lower to the ground on one side, makes cab lean harder to that side. - If you have one of those gawd-aweful hendricksion air-suspension front ends, the front levelling valves could be set uneven. Again, the bottom of the frame to the ground is how you get them set properly.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: CrudeGuy1267 , LargeCar
03-24-2020, (Subject: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags ! ) 
How do u adjust cab mount on driver side is 2.5in lower then Passager side do I just jack up front cab Mount 2.5 in so it stay in place then torque down ?
replyreply
03-24-2020, (Subject: 2015 International Pro star Cab air bags ! ) 
(03-24-2020 )CrudeGuy1267 Wrote:  How do u adjust cab mount on driver side is 2.5in lower then Passager side do I just jack up front cab Mount 2.5 in so it stay in place then torque down ?

First make sure your bushings are not worn out. Those bushings will fool you and throw off the height.

After that, if it is uneven, support the weight of the cab + loosen the bolts for the cab mount on the drivers side at the frame rail and raise the whole mount and all up until the height matches between top of frame and bottom of cab on both sides. Then tighten it back up, re-torque it properly.

If you cannot find the torque specs, then mark a couple bolts with a sharpie, one at a time, loosen them 3/4 turn, then tighten back up with a beam type torque wrench back to their original location and see what the torque roughly was (before moving the mount).

The passenger side front mount is not adjustable.

-- My own truck bottomed out hard on a bridge that was under construction in nebraska somewhere once a long time ago and mine slipped about 2" or so (if memory serves me right) a few years ago, had to re-adjust mine.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.