Signature 600 rough idle/skip
04-13-2020, (Subject: Signature 600 rough idle/skip ) 
Signature 600 rough idle/skip
Hi I have a 2002 Mack CL733 with a factory Signature 600. The truck has 320K miles on it and when I got it with 300K it had a intermittent lope at idle and the jake brake did not work. I had it repaired at the local Kenworth Dealer (Local Mack Dealer sucks). They replaced injectors 5 and 6. They rebuild the engine shut down solenoid and rewired the idle validation switch to make the Jake work(They said it was wired backwards). The Lope went away but the truck still has a slight skip. The rough idle clears up after it warns up but the skip is always there. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I replaced the cam and crank sensor but it did not help. Thanks Pete
ESN#14022309
replyreply
04-14-2020, (Subject: Signature 600 rough idle/skip ) 
RE: Signature 600 rough idle/skip
First ensure all the overhead valves and injectors are adjusted property, then do an injector leak test on it...

Next would be to pressurize the fuel tanks to about 10 psi and see if the skip goes away (air in fuel).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.