Shim for increased Oil Pressure
07-19-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure
My theory is High oil pressure combined with an oil bath of 6 pounds of soot is like washing your bearings with oil and a bag of sand.
replyreply
07-19-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
(07-19-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Think the higher psi washout could have been the result of higher fuel dilution in those older engines?
Under normal conditions I don't think fuel dilution would be a consideration.

I was trying to remember the idle oil pressure on the old Cammer's or 855. Seem to remember 30'ish. Not like 50 or 60 on a hot Cat.
855 had "new and improved " design high pressure external oil lines to the cooler, this I remember because I had one of the first out and lost a $1.80 o ring. From a standing stop to 60 mph it emptied the crankcase down the right side of the truck.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
07-30-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
So when you remove the bolt and cotter pin the dog bone will slide out? What's the torque spec on the bolt when putting back?
replyreply
07-30-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
(07-30-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  So when you remove the bolt and cotter pin the dog bone will slide out? What's the torque spec on the bolt when putting back?

The oil pump mounting screws are 40 ft-lbs

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-31-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
Thanks rawze. By any chance do you know how many dimes would get me 5 psi? I'm going to try adding 1 gallon of gear lube next oil change and if that doesn't raise my psi a bit, I'm going to have to shim the pump.
replyreply
(07-31-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Thanks rawze. By any chance do you know how many dimes would get me 5 psi? I'm going to try adding 1 gallon of gear lube next oil change and if that doesn't raise my psi a bit, I'm going to have to shim the pump.

7 dimes usually gives ~5psi
replyreply
Awesome thanks unilevers
replyreply
08-10-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
Here is the video --

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-10-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
You are the man rawze!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.