Shim for increased Oil Pressure
08-10-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure
(07-30-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-30-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  So when you remove the bolt and cotter pin the dog bone will slide out? What's the torque spec on the bolt when putting back?

The oil pump mounting screws are 40 ft-lbs

Be ready to catch it, it may pop free quickly once the cotter pin is removed. I'll give you the same advise Unilevers gave me, have a 1/2" extension to use as a handle to push it all back together. It will be noticeably harder to reinstall!

Thanks Rawze, just saw I forgot to put that in my description post...
The oil pan bolts are the same torque spec of 40 ft-lbs, and the pattern is below. Remember the correct way to do this is hand tight first, then torque in the pattern listed, the loosen number one and retorque it to remove the possibility of squishing a wrinkle around the pan and tightening it in. Loosening and retorquing will allow the wrinkle to dissipate.

Also, don't forget, it is a good idea to have a deburring tool to chamfer the opening for the dogbone, as that edge is quite abrupt and may damage the o-ring.

./uploads/201608/post_2077_1470852641_af6d65fa57d8685b173f26b3bd02894e.png

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
This is the deburring tool I keep referring to. Place the end inside a tube, pipe, or hole and put the curve at the angle to the sharp edge and apply circular pressure to make a nice smooth radiused edge.

./uploads/201608/post_2077_1470853308_d69ff2232796b2aca0d6a93e358bdd14.jpeg

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(08-10-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  This is the deburring tool I keep referring to. Place the end inside a tube, pipe, or hole and put the curve at the angle to the sharp edge and apply circular pressure to make a nice smooth radiused edge.

So with that tool you're basically using it to smoothen out the material so when the dog bone slide out it won't cut the o ring? If I don't use it I'll damage the o ring? What else can I use?
replyreply
08-11-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
(08-10-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  So with that tool you're basically using it to smoothen out the material so when the dog bone slide out it won't cut the o ring? If I don't use it I'll damage the o ring? What else can I use?

Yes, but I do it after the dogbone is out before reassembly. I didn't know it was that sharp until I removed it on mine, and it's the ONLY one I've done so far.
These deburring tools are quite inexpensive. I haven't bought one in a few years but, I think they're about $10 for a cheap one like the pic.
You could use emery cloth or something I guess, but the nice thing about that tool is that with a sharp blade it "pulls" the material out, if the material is soft, like aluminum, it will cut a spiral like a nice sharp drill bit.
Whatever you use, You need to be wary of what material and where it ends up, this is your oil pump after all.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.