Floor to bunk sagging.
03-29-2020, (Subject: Floor to bunk sagging. ) 
Floor to bunk sagging.
So the o’ Lonestar here has some pretty serious sag in the sheet metal between the support braces on the floor pan. It’s getting annoying. I weigh 225 so it’s not like I’m 400 lbs. or something. The truck was this way when I bought it but seems to be getting worse. What’s the fix.
replyreply
RE: Floor to bunk sagging.
Same thing happened to my Fathers 96 intl floor board on drivers side. He had a welder weld some plates under the driver seat all the way to where the pedals are.
replyreply
My '09 has the exact problem. I was 210lb now 180, owned this truck from new, so I don't think driver weight is the problem.

I've been thinking of installing a laminate floor (fake hardwood), but of course, too much thinking of doing it and not doing it. Anyone done this? How's it lasting?
replyreply
03-30-2020, (Subject: Floor to bunk sagging. ) 
Ive been considering that too. I have that rubber mat that transitions to carpet in the sleeper and that mat is getting deformed and worn. They have that new flexible wood looking floor made of rubber now...Im considering giving that a whirl, and deleting my passenger seat as well.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
I’m thinking of getting a piece of 6061 aluminum sheet to put under the rubber mat to flatten it out. Maybe steel. But something kind of alloy thats hard that doesn’t bend.
replyreply
when my truck was brand new, I went to home despot and got a large area rug, cut it out to fit the whole floor around the seats and all. - I replace it every couple-3 years or so, just lay the old one out on the ground, cut the new one same shape, and put new one in.

My rubber mat underneath has since been cut into 3 sections (neatly) to allow for quick access to the shifter plate so that I can easily work on the back of my engine/top of tranny area. No way was I going to take my seats and all out just to fix an air-line on the top of my tranny.lol -- The carpet covers the mat, so it all looks nice at the end of the day.

My shifter plate is also cut into 2 sections (front and rear halves) so that it can be removed without having to fight the stick.

I did this to my truck the very first time I had to access the top of the tranny (to fix a leaky air fitting). - I am glad I did.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.