X15 possibly dropped liner? input please
03-29-2020, (Subject: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please ) 
X15 possibly dropped liner? input please
Hi fellow members as the title states i have a x15 cm2350 500hp an am in need of some input i noticed i was loosing excessive coolant on my way home from a trip out west and it was not leaking external, to put into perspective from MT to MN i used a total of 4 gallons to keep the level above min in the coolant reservoir during this whole time coolant temp levels where normal and no overheating issues. What i observed was while the truck was running no visible white smoke but when i shut her down for ten min and restarted a big white cloud would immerse out the pipe than clear away in about a min. When i made it home i figured i would rule out the egr cooler so i pulled the egr cooler rear tube off placed a small dish and pressured the coolant system to 20psi overnight next morning no signs of any coolant so at this point things are looking bad:s. Further inspecting i did not see any coolant in the oil while pulling a sample (sending oil analysis tomorrow) i did however while the truck was in the shop and dry notice dried coolant under the oil pan and undercarriage of the tractor while i followed it back it appears it was coming from the overflow tube off the coolant reservoir as well i must of not caught this at first while i was driving from MT because most the roads where wet so i start up the truck and looked closely at the coolant reservoir and could see it bubbling inside i shut the truck off and removed the cap and notice higher than usual pressure as well. Ran a Combustion gas detector test and it read positive for combustion gasses. So here i am now :too_sad: with my x15 at 540K miles and obviously out of warranty thinking could i have dropped a liner? i hear of isx engines dropping liners but closer to a million miles. is it more common with the x15s? i take good care of my machine and equipment with scheduled routine maintenance and top of the line fluids but most of all not a lead footer, maybe i am the few unlucky ones. I Would really appreciate some input or advise here on what else i can check before i really have to pull the head off and to confirm whether its a liner or something else like cracked head or bad head gasket all i know at this point is i am getting only getting combustion gas in my cooling system and its not coming from my egr cooler. Thanks in advance.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
X15 possibly dropped liner? input please - Val - 03-29-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.