X15 possibly dropped liner? input please
03-31-2020, (Subject: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please ) 
RE: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please
Thank you for all the feedback guys so Here is the update: this morning just as i was about to send out the oil sample i took another gander at it in the sunlight and what do you know i could see a little bit of separation i go and drain some more out of the oil pan and nothing but coolant for the fist few seconds i guess i received my oil analysis results on the spot i am pretty convinced now i have a dropped liner or cracked head. At this point in time im really considering with just finding another new or close to new x15 motor or better yet a 2016 isx15 motor just to mitigate the down time and have this one rebuilt once i can source a reputable quality builder out here in the Midwest or tackle the job myself. let me know your thoughts on which approach you would suggest.

as to answer some of the above question:
a brief history of the truck i purchased new in 2017 with my partner and have been team driving since. I mostly haul mail to and from the upper mid west and west i would say less than half of the life of this engine hauled a gross of 80k we averaged 6.5 to 6.5MPG the life of this engine. Truck has a eaton fuller 13spd with 3.42 differentials as to lugging the engine im well aware in the harms in that we did our best to never have the rpms fall below 13.5-14k when pulling up hills. Right at about the time my warranty was up and i had started to get emissions issues that left me nearly stranded out west so yes truck was de mandated by a small group with good reputation all in all i cant say what i did degraded the longevity of the engine or not but for the most part this x15 was really trouble free for the 540K miles (minus the emissions) its going to be interesting to see if more will have similar issues with this x15 down the road at least to have some known knowledge on the issues for others seeking trucks with this cummins x15 efficiency series.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please - Val - 03-31-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.