X15 possibly dropped liner? input please
03-31-2020, (Subject: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please ) 
RE: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please
It sounds like you have been trying to avoid lugging it .. that is a good step, but you really need to be at 1650~ish rpm's in a hard pull, shifting between 1500-1800 ... not down in the 1300-1400 range. That low rpm and your foot most of the way to the floor is not a good combo for it long term.

That aside ...

first of all,.. your 'delete' program is the highest likely cause of the engine's premature demise. I see this stuff every single day around here. - You can choose to not agree but that is the strongest red flag you have mentioned so far b y a wide margin. I don't care how much you trusted the person going the job, or how much you think it may be running ok. - Bad delete programming absolutely causes dropped liners, cracked heads, and other engine failures, non of which can be felt by a driver until it is far too late.

Your next step is to get the calterm software and pull the program out of that ecm yourself, e-mail it to me for an inspection. - For all you know, that thing may have beaten a liner out of it because of bad injection timing tables + operating in the wrong engine mode(s), some of the most common problems seen these days by bad delete programs. That and/or it over-boosting all the time, causing it to drop a liner or crack the head.

-- I See it almost every day on here these days, and for some stupid goddamn reason, every person here of late seems to be in some sort of idiotic state of complete denial and swears their 'delete guy' did a good job. -- Don't be that next idiot!

Pull a copy of the program and send it off for an inspection. Should have done this the day you had the job done. -- top priority to find out if it was the major contributor!.

- An inframe would be cheaper than getting another engine for most people, as you are taking a gamble on the quality of that next engine, if purchased used,.. and a recently inframed engine .. I personally would not trust it to throw rocks at it. .. this is just my own opinion though, every situation is different.

There is no one out west that I would trust to touch my engine at all, so there is no one I could even remotely recommend for reman of an X15. - Mr.Hag (near Atlanta,GA) would be the only one that most people on here would say to take it to. At least he is one of the very few places that use the latest methods and recommendation that are made on this forum towards building it in the right ways (taking all the extra steps that are talked about on here) to make it stronger and more reliable.

Those are directions to go towards if you do not plan on replacing the engine completely. - In any event,.. again ... pull that program out of it asap for an inspection!.

Lastly, what did they do for the exhaust system components?--- A lot of delete shops will not hollow them out correctly, and a lot of them do not even touch the SCR canister, and that is a huge mistake that leads to a lot of problems later on with regards to failed engine components because of reflected heat, etc.

-- if you definitively do not resolve these root-causing, strong possibilities, then your are destined to repeat your issues and the downward spiral path of nothing but problems will eventually catch up with you again. - See that about every day on here too. Don't be that next viictim!. Take what I say VERY SERIOUSLY and act accordingly to prevent it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , hhow55 , marek4792 , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 possibly dropped liner? input please - Rawze - 03-31-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.