No boost......no power
03-19-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
RE: No boost......no power
(03-19-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  How many miles on the actuator?
I like the fix it and be done with it method.
I am the same way...fix it and be done, but I am also trying not to keep throwing new parts at it. I bought the truck used 5 years ago and I have no idea how long it has been on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
i agree with depends how many miles on the actuator. I personally would whip a turbo on it and see if it calibrates. If it does go trucking.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Roysbigtoys
(03-19-2020 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  How many miles on the actuator?
I like the fix it and be done with it method.
I am the same way...fix it and be done, but I am also trying not to keep throwing new parts at it. I bought the truck used 5 years ago and I have no idea how long it has been on.

I had gotten a VGT code about a year ago on my 2014 isx15. This was before I had Insite and long before Rawze chewed on me for NOT having Insite. I was out in the Cali desert on I10 when it coded. So my choice was the dealership in Phoenix. Fact was because I didn't have Insite I was at their mercy and they said I needed a new actuator. So I paid the fiddler and went on.

3 months later pulling into the CBP check station outside of El Paso the truck just DIED. Finally got it started and made it to San Antonio. Took it back to the dealership. They were shocked to find that the Truck side connector for my new actuator was cracked and the tech in Phoenix had WIRE TIED the new connector to the cracked side so it would retain connection. They fixed it at no charge to me.

Point here is this, I don't think I ever needed a new actuator. I think it was a bad connection all along, but it much easier to simply throw parts at something than to actually fix the problem.

Thanks to Rawze's harsh words of awakening to me and the help of SnailExpress I do not ever leave home without my Insite. I wish you much luck with your problem, I know you'll solve it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys
03-23-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
When it rains it pours.....so I am getting my turbo from YTS delivered today and started looking at
taking the old turbo off. Noticed some soot on the side of the head. Sprayed some soapy water on exhaust manifold while the engine was running and this......    ....#5 exhaust port

and this.....   .....#2 exhaust port.

Any tips on removing/replacing exhaust manifold and new gaskets?
replyreply
I can't see the pictures. Are any manifold bolts broke?

With you having to remove turbo already shouldn't be hard.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(03-23-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  I can't see the pictures. Are any manifold bolts broke?

I was able to upload the pics tonight in my last post.

I ended up being able to do some excavating today, so no progress on the turbo. I did soak the bolts and nuts tonight (after the engine had cooled some) with PB Blaster. I will also twist the bolt left and right a little before taking them out.
Do you guys take the exhaust manifold off and have the face machined? I am getting oem gaskets, anything else you would do?
replyreply
03-24-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
(03-23-2020 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  
(03-23-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  I can't see the pictures. Are any manifold bolts broke?

I was able to upload the pics tonight in my last post.

I ended up being able to do some excavating today, so no progress on the turbo. I did soak the bolts and nuts tonight (after the engine had cooled some) with PB Blaster. I will also twist the bolt left and right a little before taking them out.
Do you guys take the exhaust manifold off and have the face machined? I am getting oem gaskets, anything else you would do?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid39699

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-12-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
Everything came apart with little effort. Previous owner must of had it apart and had installed new bolts with anti-seize. I got the exhaust manifold resurfaced, new bolts, gaskets and YTS turbo. I also bought an actuator from YTS, but decided not to install it at this time. Rotating the gear on my old one felt like the YTS actuator. So I will keep it as a spare.

I also replaced my bad ecm with a re-man from GoECM out of the Dallas area. They have been in business about 20 years and put a lifetime warranty on their re-mans. So we will see how it goes.
BigRoy from the forum tuned it with a updated Rawze tune.

So the truck runs and sounds better than it ever has. It is way more responsive and a joy to drive again. A big thank you to all who responded and helped me get it back running with no stealership help!
Thanks again to Rawze and this awesome forum!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.