Cm 870 head being replaced
04-03-2020, (Subject: Cm 870 head being replaced ) 
RE: Cm 870 head being replaced
(04-03-2020 )Craag Wrote:  
(04-02-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  you will be in this exact same spot in under 100000 miles. remember these words.

That's pretty scary. How can they be so far off when they are supposedly quoting Cummins to me stating .09 to .010 is the high range of liner depth? Has Cummins not updated their service procedures on these engines in over 15 years? Smh it's like even the truck manufacturer is set against the owner op having success.

What is with these heads also? Another post right after mine cm 870 head out after 40k. I would assume my failure at least was part related as it was fuel in coolant. The stealership made it sound like they change these all the time too

honestly cummins builds them to fail so they can pick up the service work. thats how they are making so much money not of the sale of the engine but on the service work after. the engine in factory specs is not designed to last, and thats been proven time and time again.

Cut it to 14-15 thou, buy a reman head but ask to pick the one you want. Cummins is out of rebuild able cores so they are selling new heads for under the reman number, they are not hard to find. Have it built properly by someone who cares who takes the time to torque the head. Have it tuned/leave it stock in its lower power range. Redo the fuel pump its cheap and easy.

the dealership/cummins want s you to come back with a broken engine. They will blame anything and you will be right back here again. I get phone calls/see 10-20 of them a week EXACTLY IN YOUR SHOES. i cant even count anymore how many times ive had to tow a engine out of the dealer in pieces because they screwed someone. i have told many guys exactly what needs to be done to have them laugh and quote cummins in my face, only to have them bankrupt and selling the truck within 1 year.

its gotten so bad to the point that i warn people who come here im doing it the right way no questions asked and if they are not cool with that then dont come here. Im not in the business of building/tuning shi#t motors, because everyone blames the person who worked on it last even if they are to blind to see how they failed.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , t700 , Signature620 , 2dlb , redbeard , Craag , iceman

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm 870 head being replaced - Unilevers - 04-02-2020,
RE: Cm 870 head being replaced - Unilevers - 04-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.