Dumb question (about tranny fluid)
04-04-2020, (Subject: Dumb question (about tranny fluid) ) 
RE: Dumb question
i changed all the oil in my drive train 5 yrs ago . All synthetic . It ran me almost 1k if i remember correctly. I also have an oil filter on transfer case.
replyreply
04-05-2020, (Subject: Dumb question (about tranny fluid) ) 
RE: Dumb question (about tranny fluid)
Sorry
Synthetic is w50
Dino is w80-90 or w90-140

Wamart , tractor supply and many auto parts Cary this stuff in 5 gallon buckets.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
transfer case you got a 6x6?? daum coulda used that when i fell through the ice into mud the other night in a snowstorm.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Every spring I drain and fill my transmission and rears with 80w-90.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
6x6 ? IDK maybe im wording it wrong. Right behind battery box. first differential has a oil filter. My truck is set up regular or standard i would say. Rockwell 10 spd , 3.08 rears with an Cummins ISM set at 370 hp.
replyreply
I have always run 75/90 (or 80/90) synthetic on my Eaton 10-speed tranny. Here were the results...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid52116

Different manufacturers have different requirements though. The manual/book for my tranny says to use 50-wt oils, but I knew the gearing, etc. was just too large for this light weight of an oil, so I went with my gut instead. Only reason i use synthetic instead of dyno oils is that we do go to the northwest in the cold in winter months. The tranny does not have a coolant-fed heat exchanger on it to keep it warm (I hate those things),.. so the synthetic was chosen simply so that it did not get real thick in the extreme cold.

We also change the oil out every 250k miles or so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
So since I’m in west Texas eastern New Mexico country where it doesn’t really get cold here just mainly hot and hotter.. dyno would be better to run? I’m fixing to head to the auto parts store ... I’m not sure what type of oil is in my truck and I can’t find the maintenance book for it.. I do a lot of shifting going through these rough dirt roads..
replyreply
(04-05-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  So since I’m in west Texas eastern New Mexico country where it doesn’t really get cold here just mainly hot and hotter.. dyno would be better to run? I’m fixing to head to the auto parts store ... I’m not sure what type of oil is in my truck and I can’t find the maintenance book for it.. I do a lot of shifting going through these rough dirt roads..

in that case, I would have just put 80/90 dyno oil (some decent name-brand or Walmart super-tech) in it and called it a day. Just be sure to replace the oil every 2 years or 250k miles and it should be fine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
Thanks rawze
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.