Dumb question (about tranny fluid)
04-04-2020, (Subject: Dumb question (about tranny fluid) ) 
RE: Dumb question
Look for places like tsc tractor supply, or ag dealers they will usually be the best prices over a truck dealers huge markups

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I take mine into either Speedco or TA, use their 80-90 semi syn, cheaper for them to do it vs finding a 5 gallon pail of the stuff and then trying to pump it in. I would call them and see what they are charging.
replyreply
No speedco or ta around here I’m in oilfield country southeast New Mexico.. and tractor supply is all out of 80w90 lol.. just my luck
replyreply
Oh that sucks!
replyreply
You will need some type of pump to get the oil from the bucket into the transmission.

I replaced my transmission with regular gear oil not synthetic. Auto parts store should have a bucket of gear oil.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Check napa or auto parts stores also. They often times have 5 gallon pales some where. They'll often have the 5 gallon bucket pumps too.
replyreply
Last TA I checked quoted me around $450 total (I think) for transmission gear oil change. Large part of the cost they said was the oil itself. Sounded about right to me.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Yea from the prices I saw ranged from 90 to 160.. but I’ll grab some from the auto parts store here and go from there .. thanks guys
replyreply
When using buckets I will set them up side down and let the additives that may have settled to the bottom of the bucket get back in the mix.

Yes I am weird about some things.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.