spn157 fmi 18
04-07-2020, (Subject: spn157 fmi 18 ) 
RE: spn157 fmi 18
(04-06-2020 )Breeze Wrote:  yep , jerry does amazing work, keeps telling me ( hows she runnin?? Then keep them wheels turnin) he only agreed to my in frame because the front gear housing gasket started leaking, no other issues at all, seems i remember watchin a 99 part engine rebuild u tube series at 999,000 , isx with no wear , any ways I watched your fuel pressure leak down video, wouldnt an injector leaking that much cause exessive smoke on start up?? fuel pump parts are at the house, any link on how to test injectors for leakage individualy , and other rail parts would be way helpful , saw the one you sent me , thanks way helpful but it leaves out tests for all the other componants ....clint

a properly done leak-down test can reveal if there is a leak in many more places than an injector,.. like the hp relief valve going bad, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
04-11-2020, (Subject: spn157 fmi 18 ) 
RE: spn157 fmi 18
well guys , i limped her home from wash to fla, feels like she has a dead hole, ran fuel rail leak down test , pumped rite up to 29000, dropped 2800 lbs in 60 sec. then to zero in 2 hours, pulled the pump head (and after rebuildin it 650,000 miles ago) the pump looks like a new one, omg. amazed, cyl bal test did ok as did injestor test, only thing was barrell plunger on one wont spring back, kinda stiff and pushes fuel out of a port bottom side of head, do ya repair that problem in the head? or replace the head , anyways im not sure if that would be my problem or not . still setting code for low rail pressure every 400 miles or so, just not sure where to go from here , any thiughts ??
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.