CM871 losing power
10-01-2017, (Subject: CM871 losing power ) 
RE: CM871 losing power
(09-09-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Sounds like a silent derate, something is not right. Do you have an Inline reader to see what is going on in the ECM? If not, you really need to get one. My off the top of my head guess is that you have the wrong or corrupt CPL file in there. That is where I would start, but you will need that reader, especially if you want someone here to help you.

I am guessing your turbo needs to be recalibrated or relearned to the ecm.
What your describing sounds internally to the turbo.
I dont know much about tuning and ecm related issues,however i do know mechanics that do know a lot and I was told my a solid ecm guy that when you make changes to the ecm that are drastic after having the truck a good while every part in the motor and hanging off the motor has to adapted to the changes .
And once you make a tune or any kind of change, peak or tweek or tune to the ecm (Electronic Control Module) its a done deal, there is no in between, it either excepts the the commands or it does not. Ecm could also be going bad or starting to show early signs of fried.
I know messing with ECM and Turbo areas is never cheap, but I think you are on the right track. Inspect your turbo and actuator from the Rawzes video and eliminate either the turbo going out or ecm going out....
Reprogramming is a bandaid on it i believe...

As you said earlier , truck ran good for a week or 4 days and then started losing boost...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26
Sorry about that, i did not read the entire thread, i see Rawze got you hooked up!
Way to go Rawze!

Im just the new guy !! : )
replyreply
(10-01-2017 )Bedbugger32 Wrote:  Sorry about that, i did not read the entire thread, i see Rawze got you hooked up!
Way to go Rawze!

Im just the new guy !! : )

I always take an objective look ...

The engine was programmed to 570HP, so I told him if he did not think it was producing that 570, then he should have it put on a dyno. I am not a believer in correcting things based on feelings alone. If is not making the power that the ecm thinks it is making, then it needs to be measured. That way things like injectors or other components can be looked at.

I did however find that the engine had an older program in it and a really crappy fuel pressure map from the factory. It had a significant pressure dip in it below 1400 rpm and I have seen this before on some of the older factory files. I smoothed the dip out of the pressure map. I did NOT increase the pressure. Rail pressure only controls fuel penetration, and not so much for power itself.

I told him if it still has issues, to put it on a dyno before continuing. I don't like adjusting anything without solid information, especially power. I have seen that issue before on a few of them, and I suppose it fixed his problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I forgot to mention that nothing has been done to the truck since we did adjust the software, except I took to Mr Hag to replace those shafts. It did fix itself somehow, I don't know if that has an explanation.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I'm still in battle with my Volvo with same problem.
First Volvo I had was with 871 now I have 2250 doing same shi#t power lost.
Trucks have different engines and fuel system.
Both trucks are HMR
Both trucks are good in idle
Both trucks are with good boost 32-33 psi
All key sensors where replaced many time.
Now I came to opinion it something wrong with Volvo side due to lot of parameters could change VECU and we can't read them.
Volvo NA is pioneer in stability control system and implement this shi#t years ago.
They call it VEST if you google it. This will derate the engine if ABS sensors reading are out of desired.
In ECM it under C_ABS string and some other shi#t for drive line stability and so.
BTW from 2017 Electronic Stability System mandatory on all class 8 trucks.
replyreply
04-23-2020, (Subject: CM871 losing power ) 
{post removed ... narcissistic trolling remarks}
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hookliftpete , kozakvod , Waterloo , victory26
04-23-2020, (Subject: CM871 losing power ) 
I think those guys finally admitted to taking his old head to another shop to have "cleaned up" if I am not mistaken. Its been a while since that happened.

=====
problems like these, such as getting charged for components that were not installed, shops using copied programs from other trucks, and all sorts of other under handed things, are as high as 40% of the trucks that I see here these days.

-- This does not include all the bad delete programs I see... I see hundreds and hundreds of them every year. That is a whole other subject in itself.

IT WOULD NOT BE SO BAD -- if only the OEM's and other repair shops actually followed the manuals -- THAT ARE FREE from quickserv... If they did,.. sure, I would likely point out a thing or 2 on occasions, but the real problem is that everyone seems to be in such a damn hurry... Air guns and speed guns instead of torque wrenches .. slap it together as fast and cheaply as possible, get-it-in get-it-out, and onto the next victim to turn that dollar instead of doing something worth $150/hr. <- that is the bulk of the problems and the reason so many bad things come of it.

Even the engine I am working on this week mentioned here: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid53024

This guys exhaust manifold had broken bolt in it,.. and sure enough,.. the damn manifold bolts were anywhere from under torqued,.. to so damn tight that they almost snapped off when trying to remove them.. this is not from age and corrosion,.. it was clearly from some a-hole using a speed gun, or air gun on them during the install,.. that is exactly why it had to be re-done, and i am a firm believer that this is also why it snapped bolts after it got up and running.

Combine that with the rest like mis-aligned rocker shhafts and backed off engine brakes because some turd was too damn lazy to correct his mistakes,.. this is what you get any more.

-- TOP IT OFF... I get repair shops asking me for invite codes almost every week,.. I have no idea what quality their work is,..cuz, if you ask them, they all say the same,.. "We care, We are Great and do it right" --- then 2 months later, you see some of their work, and cringe like freggin' hell at it. --- SO I AM THE BAD GUY because i will give them a code so they can better what they do, perhaps see the real problem wioth doing things in a hurry, but not let them advertise on here, i get a lot of grief from some of them. -- IF THEY WERE AT LEAST 90+% COMPETENT THEY WOULD BE WELCOMED HERE -- but most of them are less that 30%. -- SAD for anyone charging $80, $90, or even sometimes as much as $150,160 / hr. <- no excuse for it.

-- I stopped watching youutube repair videos about trucks all together. - I cannot watch them any more, makes my blood boil over every time I see those wrench-monkeys grab that air gun to tighten things up, no mention of torque specs on critical suspension and other safety components,.. or worse yet,,.. power-washing that DPF can, or bragging about all the pulling power on that truck now because they fooled the ecm into making it think the cylinders are fouled out and it dumping all its fuel in in a crying attempt to keep engine running,.. all while they brag about it like they have done something good. -- I just cannot do it .. I just cannot watch them any more .. In the past, I would make comment on them, suggest they might want to include the torque specs of that tie-rod, or that pitman arm,.. only to get cursed out by the same ignorant clown advertising their shop about doing such horrible jobs!.

-- This is what the internet and social medai has created .. this bleak picture of too much (bad) information, and the droves of brainwashed masses that follow them. <- this is exactly why i got kicked off every other internet site out there... because I refuse to bend to the will of idiots and those no-give-a-s#it ways of thinking!.

-- My background has always been steeped in precision machinery and components. How fast you think the Plant manager in stutgart germany, at the BWM manufacturing plant would have kicked me to the curb if I had showed up to teach/assist a technician how to replace a component on one of their assembly line machines and did not have a certified, calibrated torque wrench in my tool box to tighten the bolts with?. <- Not only would I have gotten kicked out, but fired from my position, reputation tarnished, and all the other bad things that followed suit. -<- now take that further .. how many car sales and reputations would be lost if some customer was watching it and posted it on social medai ... I was "That guy" ... who would do the job by the book, and do it correctly as much as humanly possible, so that I was NOT "that guy" in the hot seat later on over it.

Sorry if I am an a-hole on here sometimes, but I have a serious passion to ensure things are right,.. not mostly right,.. not half-way right .. but right. - i am far from perfect .. never claimed to be ... but at least I give it my best efforts without compromise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , kozakvod , redbeard , kalsandhu , Waterloo , Chamberpains , LargeCar , victory26

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.