As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
04-11-2020, (Subject: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? ) 
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
Assuming for a moment that you are not actually trying to troll my forum...

It sounds exactly like your fighti9ng against a horribly spec'd truck that is governed wrong to boot. Not much you can do except maybe drive it a gear down and see if it will let you get up into the 1600+ rpm range when climbing hills. If the engine will not let you do this, then you are not going to fair well no matter what you do, because what your doing is killing that engine to an agonizing slow death by lugging it everywhere all the time in the bottom 1/3 of its actual working range.

As well, practising better management of time = higher profitability, so that you can slow down a bit, save fuel and wear, etc... and still get there on time.

Learning how to own a piece of equipment is also vastly different than learning how to drive it efficiently. Owning equipment = working on it yourself as much as possible as well. Otherwise your giving away the bulk of all the mo0ney you earn every time that CEL light comes on, or something happens.

Although it is a bit dated material... Read my Book. Link at top of page.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? - Rawze - 04-11-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.