As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
04-12-2020, (Subject: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? ) 
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
(04-12-2020 )Magard Wrote:  
(04-12-2020 )ChrisP94 Wrote:  
(04-12-2020 )Magard Wrote:  You don’t force anything. Let drivetrain relax then it will slip out then let off throttle a little and feel it in the next gear. Look it up on YouTube plenty of videos showing. Floating gears double clutching, hybrid shifting. Remember your transmission splits are percentages not rpm. Lower rpm has small rpm splits because it a percentage thing. Thats what is progressive about it. Bigger split in rpm the higher you go up in rpm.

I got nothing better to do today than to just practice around the truck stop so I will try to work on it. I’m at 77K now and I just can’t shift smoothly unless I ride it up towards 1400-1500 and I can just feel the momentum drop off and it pops out of gear with ease.
With a truck that has gear down protection set at 1500rpm like yours I wouldn’t bother trying progressive shifting anyway. Just curious is your brake light on. Like parking brake light on, on the dash. Does the cruise control work. That might be why your truck won’t rev past 1500rpm

Nope maintenance told me they turn fuel injectors off above 1500 RPM. They also derate the trucks to 350HP. He says it’s a joke as well and that’s why most good drivers leave the company or just lease. Lease trucks have no restrictions other than a governor at 75mph.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? - ChrisP94 - 04-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.