As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
04-12-2020, (Subject: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? ) 
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
(04-12-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Man, this is a perfect example of why these newer engines have so many problems and such a short service life. Inexperienced drivers who are NOT being taught

No I appreciate the ramble. I have been driving on my own for about 2 months now and have $3,000 in savings. I plan to have $16,000 in savings by August when I am capable of leasing on here at 6 months. I’m looking at 3rd party leases and my payments would be $1,100-1,400 a month compared to $2,800 a month leasing on here. The only reason I have considered leasing on here is because my trainer was a lease operator and I already know how it works and he is about as brain dead as they come and he is successful and I’ve talked to other drivers that are successful as well.

It doesn’t pay the same as leasing on elsewhere or getting my own authority but it’s a start, it’s something I’ve seen with my own eyes, and I’m just doing to make more money to save up for something better. I was considering a leased truck here but now that I think of it I won’t be staying leased on here for 3 years to complete the lease so it would be pointless.

I drive slow. I drive at nights or early mornings as well to minimize delays and braking and unnecessary lane changes avoiding traffic. I will drive 58-59 empty but bump it up to about 62-63 loaded because 58-59 is right at 1200RPM and it’s just constantly giving a lot of throttle and boost to maintain that speed at 80K.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? - ChrisP94 - 04-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.