CM871 High DOC temp during regen
04-23-2020, (Subject: CM871 High DOC temp during regen ) 
RE: CM871 High DOC temp during regen
(04-23-2020 )tariqzai Wrote:  ... cleaned and checked for flow DPF and DOC filters at International dealership and mounted with new gaskets,

after doing this, you need to perform a 'DPF replacement' and ' DPF Maintenece reset' procedure in insite to tell the ECM that you have replaced/cleaned the DPF and DOC externally.

replacing the turbo may be cause for the Delta-p and other DPF readings to suddenly be different, making it necessary to perform this step again sometimes, as the ecm will fail the system if it sees something in the exhaust flow changed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tariqzai
04-24-2020, (Subject: CM871 High DOC temp during regen ) 
If the above reset doesn't change anything then maybe you should look in to electrical causes. Check all wires, look for anything that could be damaged. Check ECM. I think the recommended "test" is to warm the engine up and tap the ECM with a hammer?

Also, have you been monitoring the actual sensor readings in Insite with Data Monitor or tried any of the sensor diagnostic tests? These too could help you identify possible causes. Could be a short somewhere, a bad ground or even a bad sensor or bad electrical connection at a plug. Your symptoms are a bit odd. But I keep going back to the last repair before it all started, the doser valve. Not sure what else might have been involved, but it sounds like some kind of wiring or electrical issue. Maybe the original doser issue was just a symptom of something else? IDK, just thinking out loud, maybe it sparks an idea...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
04-24-2020, (Subject: CM871 High DOC temp during regen ) 
I went through install and reset filter, performed forced regen, no change in the doc temp issue but truck did perform a successful regen and threw no codes, soot level in DPF is showing zero. Truck is not showing any "Regen Required" message on dash as well. I guess half of the problem is solved, just need to find out why the doc temp going way up. Going to check the wiring from filters to ECM at some point. Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate that.
replyreply
04-25-2020, (Subject: CM871 High DOC temp during regen ) 
have you tried using some sort of temperature gun or thermal camera to verify that the reported temps correspond to actual temps? They are fairly cheap and good for checking a lot of different things, so if you don't have one it could be a good investment and might help eliminate some possibilities.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-25-2020, (Subject: CM871 High DOC temp during regen ) 
I had one of those laser gun thermometer but can't find it now, I will buy another and check the temps to verify it's what showing on insight, I doubt the software/ecm or wiring because the when I terminate the force regen dpf and doc temps stays unchanged on screen and dosser status remains on.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.