Stop engine light quandary?
07-11-2016, (Subject: Stop engine light quandary? ) 
Stop engine light quandary?
I got a 2009 Pete 386 with the infamous 871 money trap and had a recent problem with to many quick and abbreviated regens so of course I started with a egr tune up and cleaned the egr, egr piping venturi and venturi tubes cleaned imap and all the other sensors installed new doser inj the old one was clogged pretty bad I removed the exhaust pipe from the front of the doc and noticed the screen was mostly plugged only had a small area where any action had been taking place so I blew all that out with shop air and thought that was my problem so out it all back together and fired her up she purred like a kitten no check engine lights and since I don't have insite I idled a few until it needed a regen so I started one and 17 minutes into the stop engine light went off and shut the cycle down I shut the truck off and it went away I drove to mechanics no lights my mechanic buddy has been saying turbo but it seems like more of a regen issue to me? Prior to this I had numerous crankcase pressure lights which makes me think turbo a little so I'm needing some help guys! She has a new egr cooler new egr new air compressor new delta p new imap many new other parts and pieces but maybe this is enough info to get us started she has 750000 miles
replyreply
RE: Stop engine light quandary?
Is your crankcase filter clogged up?
replyreply
The crankcase filter electrical plug at the upper left hand corner of the filter box... I went to the truck wash and it took a direct hit with water... I started getting warnings and derates... I did my own investigation... I found water in the plug. I blew it out and loaded it up with dielectric grease. That solved that problem, and was a very cheap fix. This is what I use, I have had this tube in a zip lock bag for a couple of years in my side box. Fantastic stuff! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00378...UTF8&psc=1

A little dab will do you!
replyreply
What was the code for the red stop light?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks for the input guys sorry I'm late getting back on here its not the plug or sensor as far as crankcase issue Mr rawze the red stop light turned out to be a dead wire on the throttle sensor between the oem motor harness on motor and the firewall we got that fixed and did a force regwn took about an hour thought I might be in the clear took off drove for 3 hours crankcase light on again turbo cough throttle lag slightly seen a little smoke so I knew what that meant it was trying to regen again already so I hit the button on dash and it started a regen lasted 6 minutes then failed at this point I'm guessing turbo is failing aND pumping the crankcase full of air and the egr side with soot and it can't regen because of the junk turbo unless u think theirs something in this already skeptical harness which I have ordered thanks for the vine fellas
replyreply
Also the doc was new 7 months ago and dpf was supposedly cleaned by cat then but my mechanic and I were talking that their really shouldn't be any reason why she would be calling for another regen already unless that dpf was plugged especially since we seen the face of the doc was mostly plugged if this is the case I could be getting a crankcase light because the whole system is backed up do you agree?
replyreply
07-12-2016, (Subject: Stop engine light quandary? ) 
(07-11-2016 )Bmyetrkg24 Wrote:  Also the doc was new 7 months ago and dpf was supposedly cleaned by cat then but my mechanic and I were talking that their really shouldn't be any reason why she would be calling for another regen already unless that dpf was plugged especially since we seen the face of the doc was mostly plugged if this is the case I could be getting a crankcase light because the whole system is backed up do you agree?

I PM'd you my number. I think see an alternative solution in your future from what you are describing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.