Truck paint
05-26-2020, (Subject: Truck paint ) 
RE: Truck paint
(05-26-2020 )dhirocz Wrote:  I ended up using rust oleum farm and implement paint on my front bumper and grille in black. Don't know if I would cover a truck in it, but for what I used it for it worked out pretty good. I'll end up replacing my front fiberglass bumper cover next time it comes off anyway, so we will see how it weathers.

It did go on and cover pretty easy. Dries pretty hard, widely available, and cheap. I'm in it under $100, much cheaper than the costs and downtime associated with a full repaint.
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with painting their grill black and it lasting. I did my 08 Prostar and it didn't hold up. I really liked the look so I'm going to try it again. I got a great deal on six aluminum wheels and eight tires for 600.00. Gonna get the wheels powder coated black and spend a Saturday switching over. Want to do the truck and trailer, I hear the powder coat holds up.
Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
replyreply
05-26-2020, (Subject: Truck paint ) 
(05-26-2020 )Ricky Wrote:  
(05-26-2020 )dhirocz Wrote:  I ended up using rust oleum farm and implement paint on my front bumper and grille in black. Don't know if I would cover a truck in it, but for what I used it for it worked out pretty good. I'll end up replacing my front fiberglass bumper cover next time it comes off anyway, so we will see how it weathers.

It did go on and cover pretty easy. Dries pretty hard, widely available, and cheap. I'm in it under $100, much cheaper than the costs and downtime associated with a full repaint.
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with painting their grill black and it lasting. I did my 08 Prostar and it didn't hold up. I really liked the look so I'm going to try it again. I got a great deal on six aluminum wheels and eight tires for 600.00. Gonna get the wheels powder coated black and spend a Saturday switching over. Want to do the truck and trailer, I hear the powder coat holds up.

Sanding is very important, along with using an etching primer.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Pd6cas2
05-27-2020, (Subject: Truck paint ) 
(05-26-2020 )Ricky Wrote:  

Powder coating doesn't hold up long if you're in road salt, it starts flaking off in sheets. Then it's harder to get it all completely off to paint.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.