A/C Cooling Issue
04-18-2020, (Subject: A/C Cooling Issue ) 
RE: A/C Cooling Issue
(04-17-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I would put money on the evaporator, they do not last forever. Change the cabin filter at every oil change, and when you fuel, pop the hood and make sure the drains for the condensation are clear. The evaporator is not difficult to change, just takes some time digging everything out. If I were in there, I would also replace the heater core.

http://www.truckersac.com

Waterloo you're probably right about the evap. What keeps racking my brain is the decrease in air flow. The only thing that would cause that would be freezing of the evap. as best as I can tell. As my buddy told me that normally a bad TXV will cause line freeze back to the compressor, but I contend it's originating at the evap and freezing back through the TXV to the compressor.

Well, I'm going to walk into this again with the idea that a full replacement (as you speculate and suggest) of the evap is probably going to happen and I'm going to clean it first and see if that makes a difference or not.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
A/C Cooling Issue - kozakvod - 04-16-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Moose - 04-16-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - kozakvod - 04-18-2020
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Moose - 04-18-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Nilao - 04-18-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - hhow55 - 04-19-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Rawze - 04-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.