A/C Cooling Issue
04-18-2020, (Subject: A/C Cooling Issue ) 
RE: A/C Cooling Issue
You need to get a set of gauges and see what the pressures do at idle and say 1400 and idle. You living in TX as I am in LA air-con is not something my fat ass takes lightly. More than likely a charge issue but you need the pressures to see if the TXV is faulty or you may have a compressor issue. I fought mine for a couple months to find out I had reed valve issues. I don't see it asked but if it's a sleeper truck, how is the rear air doing?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5045

I'm one to love to find the root cause and properly diagnose but when it comes to A/C and the age of the system I'm quick to whip out the parts cannon... FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

There was a method posted somewhere else about coil cleaning on this style A/C with it's limited access by cutting a 4" hole in the interior side of the box and filling it with a plastic body plug. I did this on two different trucks being I'm fat, lazy and really like cold air. It worked really well to get in there with a cheap long nozzle blow gun from harbor freight with the end bent to 90 deg with a tubing bender, some coil cleaner in a can from HD or Lowes and a vacuum. I did a lot of off road so I would clean them twice a year.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
(04-18-2020 )Moose Wrote:  You need to get a set of gauges and see what the pressures do at idle and say 1400 and idle. You living in TX as I am in LA air-con is not something my fat ass takes lightly. More than likely a charge issue but you need the pressures to see if the TXV is faulty or you may have a compressor issue. I fought mine for a couple months to find out I had reed valve issues. I don't see it asked but if it's a sleeper truck, how is the rear air doing?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5045

I'm one to love to find the root cause and properly diagnose but when it comes to A/C and the age of the system I'm quick to whip out the parts cannon... FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

There was a method posted somewhere else about coil cleaning on this style A/C with it's limited access by cutting a 4" hole in the interior side of the box and filling it with a plastic body plug. I did this on two different trucks being I'm fat, lazy and really like cold air. It worked really well to get in there with a cheap long nozzle blow gun from harbor freight with the end bent to 90 deg with a tubing bender, some coil cleaner in a can from HD or Lowes and a vacuum. I did a lot of off road so I would clean them twice a year.

Honestly I don't run the sleeper AC that much, maybe only at the end of the day once I'm stopped and before I turn the truck off and turn on my electric APU. But like it's front brother, if idling everything is icy cold. I don't run it when I'm driving so I don't know how it behaves at those times.

Agree, summer in the south and southwest, AC is not just crucial, it's mandatory!
replyreply
Mine will drop condensation as long as I'm stationary. Once I'm at speed it will ice up the lines. At once I stop I can roll the hood and watch them defrost. It seems to have to do with having alot of air moving over the condenser lowers the pressure on both the high and low side. I put new txv valves in, new evaporator in as well as new sensors. Cleaned the system and filled it with the exact amount of freon required. Blows at 38 driving down the road, till it ices over. sitting still it blows around 46.
replyreply
04-19-2020, (Subject: A/C Cooling Issue ) 
(04-18-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  Mine will drop condensation as long as I'm stationary. Once I'm at speed it will ice up the lines. At once I stop I can roll the hood and watch them defrost. It seems to have to do with having alot of air moving over the condenser lowers the pressure on both the high and low side. I put new txv valves in, new evaporator in as well as new sensors. Cleaned the system and filled it with the exact amount of freon required. Blows at 38 driving down the road, till it ices over. sitting still it blows around 46.

After all of that and it still ices up? That is my very concern right there. And I've done everything except replace evap. NOTHING ever changes the end result, IT WILL FREEZE going down the road, period!

What is your make/model?
replyreply
http://knowhow.napaonline.com/car-ac-lin...-about-it/

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
The truck makers, they know the A/C systems are going to be a money maker for them. They are designed to do nothing but act up and run like a P.O.S. all the time. - They are designed to be nothing but problematic in these newer trucks.

-- I got totally sick of it a long time ago on my own truck and solved it.

I no longer suffer Air conditioning issues. I solved all of my trucks A/C problems with an Arduino ... Works like a charm.

Here is some more info related to the A/C and a link to that arduino project that I did as well ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid14467

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
(04-19-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  The truck makers, they know the A/C systems are going to be a money maker for them. They are designed to do nothing but act up and run like a P.O.S. all the time. - They are designed to be nothing but problematic in these newer trucks.

-- I got totally sick of it a long time ago on my own truck and solved it.

I no longer suffer Air conditioning issues. I solved all of my trucks A/C problems with an Arduino ... Works like a charm.

Here is some more info related to the A/C and a link to that arduino project that I did as well ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid14467

This is why I love this forum. I'm in over-my-head 90% of the time. And even though I know I am I still want to see if I can beat the train to the crossing.

I love technology, I truly do, I also think that making the most simple things so damn complicated invites them to complete malfunction. You're right, I never had a problem with my 1972 Chevy Malibu's A/C system. It worked every time. Cold air, every time. And if it didn't, it was EASY TO FIX!

Now I'm in this 6 figure $$ computer driven monstrosity that is prone to constant issue. Oh yeah, it's slick and shiny, but what good is all that if I'm sweating my A$$ off driving down the highway?

Rawze, I haven't looked yet, and I will, would the wiring information for my 2014 Pete 388 be found in quickserve or would you suggest another location for that information?

I'm most certainly willing to jump into the Arduino rabbit hole because somethings got to give with this system!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.