Many questions
04-18-2020, (Subject: Many questions ) 
RE: Many questions
Am I the only one that caught that this post started out as a 2010 cm871 and "the guy" with the reader said its reading as an 2007 ISX?

Hmmm......

Could some ECM shenanigans be at fault here? Bad delete? Crap programming? Completely Wrong Calibration?

You need to have the programming checked in that thing along with the loooong list of other things these guys are pointing out to you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , TruckerRalph , LargeCar
If it we're me, I would take the valve cover off, see the cams are shot and go get a job because it's going to cost you $30K-$40K to straighten that pig out, and it will probably never be quite right. Just my 2 cents.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I've been watching this thread and I know these responses are hard to hear, the truth tends to be that way. There is no one here intentionally trying to make you feel worse than you do, but in order to make a conscience decision based on facts you have to hear it all.

I read that you are in GA. There are some HIGH quality people from GA on this forum. IF I WERE YOU, I would do all I could do to get that truck to one of them so they can at a minimum Insite that thing and see what's going on. I would not spend another fat dime on that truck until I knew what I was up against. The only money I would spend is the fuel to get it to one of these guys and to pay them to triage it.

I can't imagine what hell you must be living in with a 9 speed throttled to 1500 rpm, not only torture on the engine, but you too. I mean every stinking little incline you and your truck are in an internal war with gravity.

You can't make excuses for why you can't do something (i.e. I only have a truck stop to park at and work on it), you simply can't have an excuse. You said you're down right now because of COVID19, USE this down time and get that truck checked out. Do not go back out in that truck again until you know. Do not throw good money after bad, and do not under any circumstances take it to a dealership.

I was in many ways like you when I first found this forum and the good Lord knows I really didn't know a whole lot when it comes to these engines and I still don't, but I don't need to know everything, AND I do need to have the basics in order to make thoughtful decisions and so do you! Mostly I learned not to be afraid to fail, and that's a great lesson!

I, like you, like many here, have been on (what I like to call the Ass Chewing end of Rawze) but it's only because he wants all of us to be better and more aware. My "enlightenment" from Rawze came last August and I've never been the same since. So I encourage you, again, get your truck to someone who can get Insite hooked up to that thing and see what's going on. Then and ONLY then can you make a good decision on a next step.

Good luck and God bless.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , amermextrucker , t700 , TruckerRalph , david24 , marek4792 , Mattman , Waterloo , 2dlb , Roysbigtoys , LargeCar
(04-18-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  I've been watching this thread and I know these responses are hard to hear, the truth tends to be that way. There is no one here intentionally trying to make you feel worse than you do, but in order to make a conscience decision based on facts you have to hear it all.

I read that you are in GA. There are some HIGH quality people from GA on this forum. IF I WERE YOU, I would do all I could do to get that truck to one of them so they can at a minimum Insite that thing and see what's going on. I would not spend another fat dime on that truck until I knew what I was up against. The only money I would spend is the fuel to get it to one of these guys and to pay them to triage it.

I can't imagine what hell you must be living in with a 9 speed throttled to 1500 rpm, not only torture on the engine, but you too. I mean every stinking little incline you and your truck are in an internal war with gravity.

You can't make excuses for why you can't do something (i.e. I only have a truck stop to park at and work on it), you simply can't have an excuse. You said you're down right now because of COVID19, USE this down time and get that truck checked out. Do not go back out in that truck again until you know. Do not throw good money after bad, and do not under any circumstances take it to a dealership.

I was in many ways like you when I first found this forum and the good Lord knows I really didn't know a whole lot when it comes to these engines and I still don't, but I don't need to know everything, AND I do need to have the basics in order to make thoughtful decisions and so do you! Mostly I learned not to be afraid to fail, and that's a great lesson!

I, like you, like many here, have been on (what I like to call the Ass Chewing end of Rawze) but it's only because he wants all of us to be better and more aware. My "enlightenment" from Rawze came last August and I've never been the same since. So I encourage you, again, get your truck to someone who can get Insite hooked up to that thing and see what's going on. Then and ONLY then can you make a good decision on a next step.

Good luck and God bless.

Brother, I thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Could you link up with some guys from Georgia? I’ll take it over to ASAP! I am new to truck ownership and “working on it myself “. Or diagnosis. I’ve always been Leary of working on these diesels because I didn’t ever want to tear it up or get too deep that I couldn’t get back on the road and I stranded myself. Again, thank you and if you could lead me in the right direction of some Georgia guys on here that can help me, I’d really appreciate it.
replyreply
PM Rawze. He's in GA. He may have time and if it doesn't he can better direct you where to take it. Mr. Haggai is in Griffin. Keep us posted.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckerRalph
I had that exhaust leak sound a couple years back, came on very suddenly and truck ran worse when it happened. also increased in intensity as rpm went up. As suggested earlier it was the boot on the pipe that went around the back side of the motor. Could not find or see a leak till one of the mechanics reached back there out of sight. Mine is a CM 870 but could be very similar.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckerRalph
Spoke to him on the phone. He said he might come over on Monday. - Hope he's ready to do some work to it, likely take a couple days.lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , kozakvod , TruckerRalph , Mattman , Waterloo , 2dlb , Roysbigtoys , LargeCar
Keep us posted Rawze. This guys complaint seems to have attracted quite a few people's similar problems. I'm curious to see how far down the rabbit hole this unit goes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , TruckerRalph
I give you a valuable hint.
DON'T ARGUE WITH Mr Rawze.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Waterloo , Roysbigtoys , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.