vibration damper thoughts
10-19-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
RE: vibration damper thoughts
Just to continue this thread....I"ll be replacing my damper when I shut down at the end of the year (engine just reached the 500k mark). For those who have done this, is there a particular site you would recommend for an OEM part?

My part number as per Q/S is 4101884.

The couple sites I've found with the Cummins damper are approx $715-$750. Would that be about what you all had found cost wise? (Cant ask my local shops as they are through the roof on every damn thing....absolutely ridiculous the mark-up on their parts!)
replyreply
Can't say if that's in the ball park or not but I would suggest buying it right now before you can't get one at all

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I purchased one from {after-market} a week ago and the price was about $40-50 less than the cheapest dealer in my area.Hopefully they make good damper’s.
replyreply
10-20-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
Any aftermarket dampers that are as good as OEM or better ? Mine is due for replacement.
replyreply
(10-19-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  I purchased one from {name removed} a week ago and the price was about $40-50 less than the cheapest dealer in my area.Hopefully they make good damper’s.

Definitely do not go with the aftermarket balancer! The quality is shi#t and good luck when the thing comes apart when you’re going down the highway! There has been pictures on this forum showing the consequences of using aftermarket junk!

You can get a Cummins OEM one on their website for 829.70 shipped to your door. I buy my parts on their website and I get them next day.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , SquareOne
You guys with the isx's can still get them oem, the isc damper is no longer available. Hoping to get a fluidamper one, they have one in the works.
replyreply
a fine example of an after-market damper...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid65529

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
Definitely a concern for me, only other option is to try to scoop up something maybe not as used on fleabay
replyreply
I got quote from CIT Kenworth ( OEM ) for $770.00 w/ bolts . Cummins quoted at $ 829.00 I didn't ask if that included all 12 bolts.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.