vibration damper thoughts
10-20-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
RE: vibration damper thoughts
(10-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  a fine example of an after-market damper...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid65529

How about the PP ones? Or should I send the one I purchased back to them?
replyreply
(10-20-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  
(10-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  a fine example of an after-market damper...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid65529

How about the PP ones? Or should I send the one I purchased back to them?

Its likely only a re-labeled PAI or something else.

most everything they sell is simply re-labbeled other products.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
I would get it from Cummins, PP is known to rebrand the parts they order. especially their $400 muffler you can get for $90 from Donaldson.
replyreply
10-21-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
They rebrand EVERYTHING they sell LUL
replyreply
Ok, so found a Cummins damper (part#4101884) for what seems to be the best price at a site called FinditParts.com. I called to confirm the price, availability, and to make sure it was a Cummins part (as they do offer aftermarket apparently).

Price was 612.70 (w/ 5%off for subscribing to their email). That's free shipping and tax included. My local prices ranged from $860-940 and then had to add tax/freight on top.

Everything seems to check out. We shall see....I'll keep ya posted.
replyreply
I get fleetguard filters from them, no issues so far.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
10-22-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
Depending how stuck the damper is might need a new belt pulley also might want to do front main and maybe front structure cover seals if you see any seepage

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
10-26-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
The damper arrived last night. Opened up this am to find this a fairly roughly handled ‘new’ part. Looks like it’s been hanging around for the last 5 years at someone’s shop... Not so much worried about the surface rust as I am some of the damage that’s on it from transport through the years. Has some scratches (that could be sanded out) and a couple places where it has definately contacted cement ( maybe when standing it up to get ready to place it on a shelf). I’m sure it will still function as it should. However, I would def be rejecting this if it were placed on front of me at my local Cummins store.

- If I'm understanding correctly, the fluid inside the damper hardens, therefore it becomes ineffective. Cummins maintenance calls for a 500k replacement, but my question is does the fluid harden because of use or does it have a shelf life? This part I just received for example appears to have been on the shelf for nearly 5yrs according to the stock tag. Would that shorten it's effective lifespan even though it hasn't been installed?

Here are some pics. Any thoughts? Already contacted FinditParts and sent them an email with the condition.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
10-26-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
I think it should be just fine.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.