Repurposed Air Bags
07-31-2020, (Subject: Repurposed Air Bags ) 
RE: Repurposed Air Bags
(07-30-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKN2Hy2pmk

interesting. not sure if i'd trust a single bag like that to lift straight up without tipping to one side or the other. I guess for low lifts that are relatively stable, but thats it.

I've stalled out on this idea for now. Too busy with other stuff and no driving need for it. But unlike the video here, I'd be using old, leaky, single piece air bags. So the biggest concerns would be stability of the lift and a lower safe working load limit then that for which they were originally designed. And really it's all just an exercise in reusing something that would otherwise be trash.

If anyone has other ideas for ways to repurpose worn out yet functional air bags, please share! Even if it's just an idea, it might be worth exploring. I'd say 95% of the ideas I have never make it out of my brain. Of the remaining 5% less than 1% of them actually get tested.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Repurposed Air Bags - JimT - 04-20-2020,
RE: Repurposed Air Bags - JimT - 04-21-2020,
RE: Repurposed Air Bags - JimT - 07-31-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.