ISX450 coolant issues
04-22-2020, (Subject: ISX450 coolant issues ) 
RE: ISX450 coolant issues
Ok first of my apologies I basically said I got a motor and it uses coolant my fault I was one track minded last night and gave no info had 20 different things going at once . So I will start over . Bought the 13 386 almost 3 yrs ago had 401,250 miles on it took it straight to my mechanic for a delete smelled coolant when I got there but very faint we figured we find it while doing delete and the delete consisted of pulling off all the emissions and blocking and plugging and whatever should be done not sure of all the details to do this . I don’t know what down load was used . The only thing left to show it is a emission truck is the sticker and def tank. So after that still smelt coolant so we pressure tested it it held fine to date I think it’s been pressure tested 10 times by 3 different mechanics overnight and always held no leaks . Never been tested with the pan off though. The only time I’ve ever found coolant on the ground or from a drip is if a clamp has broke or been loose. So before the head gasket and overhaul the coolant turned dark replaced the coolant fill tank put new coolant in it same problem. Have never sent coolant in to be tested but will be done when I get home. Blew a head gasket on had remanned head put oon and did a inframe the 600hp upgrade did get new cam, pistons liners the they also made so the pistons room I think I can’t remember what it’s called . It got new turbo and new bottom end . I also had new clutch and 13 speed put in new injectors. Don’t have the bill in front of me to see what else. It was done a year ago February got about did O/H at 600,000 miles got about 110;000 on it now coolant smell still there no visible leaks and been pressured tested and held . Just recently had front cover and structure seal/ gasket and rear main seal done. That’s all I can think of right now . Hopefully I gave enough info this time . Also I haul pressure bottle so do a lot of pumping and it doesn’t smoke but just a little on cold start up . Ok thanks again
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX450 coolant issues - Chubbs68 - 04-22-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.