ISX450 coolant issues
04-22-2020, (Subject: ISX450 coolant issues ) 
RE: ISX450 coolant issues
Have you ever had the program checked by myself to see ensure it that is not the underlying cause of your gasket (liner) failures? -- Bad programming is the number one cause of this on a de-mandated truck. It is nothing to play with or make assumption about based on how well you think it might run. -- Trucking has no extra money in it for half-baked delete programming that kills the engine over and over.

START by pulling a copy of the program out of that ecm and e-mail it to me for inspection. -- 90% odds are against you of it being an underlying cause of your major engine problems all along.

-- The coolant is going somewhere ... IT CAN BE FOUND .. sometimes it takes an over-night pressure test at 20 PSI .. BUT IT CAN ALWAYS BE FOUND!

Make sure the coolant pressure relief cap is not bad, leaking. Pressure test it a whole day ... If there are no external leaks whatsoever ... then it is going into the tranny or the engine. Coolant does not just simply disappear like that into nothingness.

tranny == milky oil at the drain plug.

Egnine == pull the pan off it while it sits with 20 psi on it all night long ... bar engine slowly and listen for a cylinder to guggrle a bit... many mechanics are too damn lazy to do this properly, or don't have the patience enough to let it sit for a whole day at full pressure first!.

Engine === Also pull the pipe off the back side of the EGR cooler and see if it is seeping out.

Air compressor === coolant in the air tanks when the bleed valve is opened.

Make sure there is no coolant getting in your fuel. Sample or check it at the fuel water separator.

-- You need to do these tests... find the actual leak(s).

-- You need to find out what the contamination in the coolant it as well, use a lab test if need be, they are not expensive,.. and have the oil sampled.

-- You also need to e-mail me a copy of the ecm program running in it... verify 100% that the program is not causing underlying issues and tearing up that engine. Most deletes are really bad and do exactly this, though most truck owners swear it seems to run great. -- Bad business to drive around blind with a destructive program, then wonder why you have nothing but repeating issues.

-- When the counter-bore was done.. what was the final liner height?. -- If it was not brought up to 0.014" (but instead left at 0.010" or god-forbid, even less) after counter-boring it then -- you will see a repeat of your liner and gasket problems. -- It IS going to fail again, just a matter of time!.

-- You also did not mention if they changed the injectors to the larger tier to go with the (assumed at this point) larger profile cams, turbo, and the rest. -- If I were you, I would be getting me that invoice and posting the engine ser# and a copy of the invoice showing all the part# that were put in it to verify it was done correctly. - otherwise, you will need custom programming to make it run right, because if anything is mis-matched, then there is no program from factory that will run it properly 100%. - Someone de-mandating a mis-matched factory program can amplify this problem.

--- All this stuff can be done and done right. -- A lot of what you say so far has hints that many things may not NOT have been done right, that is what I was, and still am saying. I just see it way to often and the truck, engine, and truck owner suffers its fate. Not the shops doing the work. - Your problems may not nearly be over is what I am trying to say to you, I don't care how much faith you have put into what has been done so far. Trucking requires someone to be able to rely on their equipment 100% to be right, especially after spending so much money and down time. - there is no return on a bad, or half-baked investment.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX450 coolant issues - Rawze - 04-22-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.