A shussssss sound
05-10-2020, (Subject: A shussssss sound ) 
RE: A shussssss sound
(05-10-2020 )JimT Wrote:  one other thing that just popped in to my mind, not sure if it's valid, but figure i'd mention. it could also be EGR leaking. If you didn't install a blocking plate it could be the EGR valve leaking slightly. Or there could be a slight leak around the blocking plate. These are just speculations, more things to consider.

My first thought when I read your post was the exhaust bellows, so give that a good look.

This was my situation once, with the leaking egr.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
05-10-2020, (Subject: A shussssss sound ) 
(05-10-2020 )JimT Wrote:  one other thing that just popped in to my mind, not sure if it's valid, but figure i'd mention. it could also be EGR leaking. If you didn't install a blocking plate it could be the EGR valve leaking slightly. Or there could be a slight leak around the blocking plate. These are just speculations, more things to consider.

My first thought when I read your post was the exhaust bellows, so give that a good look.

Yep. Mr Hag’s shop sent me my blocking plates. Those are installed. So no egr valve issue.
replyreply
05-18-2020, (Subject: A shussssss sound ) 
Is there a thread here some where (I'm sure there is) about either home-making or buying a pressure test kit to find potential air leaks? Maybe this is old hat to many of you, but I want to do these things myself, just lack the knowledge on where to start.

I saw the video where Rawze tested the CAC, but it was all hooked up and it didn't say whether those caps/plugs were bought or homemade.

I'm still getting this shuuussssss or hissssssss anytime I'm in the pedal (immediately goes away when I get out of it). I'm not losing power. Boost stays up. MPG has not dropped. So I'm more and more thinking as I said before that it's on the exhaust side.

I will go under the truck tomorrow and check ALL my exhaust connections as most everyone of them were loose recently when the truck was demandated. Just thinking that perhaps one of the joints go lose and causing the noise.
replyreply
I believe in the rawze Amazon store link most of this type of stuff is listed

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
One thing to look at is the gasket in-between the turbo and manifold, had that happen to me before and scared me because it sounded like the turbo was going out on me
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Rawze
05-19-2020, (Subject: A shussssss sound ) 
I checked all exhaust clamps, some weren’t super tight but none were so loose to cause any issue.

I pulled the turbo discharge to CAC and it was dry as a bone. No sign of oil, debris, nothing.
I pulled the turbo filter side intake. Inspected impeller. Checked side to side up and down spun it multiple times. Very smooth no noise. No nothing.
I pulled the turbo exhaust side. Same as fresh air side. No issues.

Inspected all fittings hoses everything on intake side...nothing.

Maybe it’s just the hollowed out cans making the noise?
replyreply
05-19-2020, (Subject: A shussssss sound ) 
It was my guess. Plus "special" exhaust routing on your truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.