Thread Closed 
Need help X15-570
04-22-2020, (Subject: Need help X15-570 ) 
Need help X15-570
Curently have realy nice Cascadia X15 2014 650000mi 10speed 3.42, its not setup i want on frst place but price and truck was realy good deal at time sou i purchase it, now when eld era is here kinda into gliders, looking to buy one but none on market with damn isx 570. What odds are to swap X15 with 570 98-99? Iam awere it will be 30-40$ to doo it even iff is posoble, but iam awere also soon x15 to maintene it properly will be same thing, just mater of time.There is a lot i know 12.7 gliders on market but blame me red is red mpg whise, maintence and power wise ofc :)
RE: Need help X15-570
(04-22-2020 )Baki Wrote:  Curently have realy nice Cascadia X15 2014 650000mi 10speed 3.42, its not setup i want on frst place but price and truck was realy good deal at time sou i purchase it, now when eld era is here kinda into gliders, looking to buy one but none on market with damn isx 570. What odds are to swap X15 with 570 98-99? Iam awere it will be 30-40$ to doo it even iff is posoble, but iam awere also soon x15 to maintene it properly will be same thing, just mater of time.There is a lot i know 12.7 gliders on market but blame me red is red mpg whise, maintence and power wise ofc :)
2014 is probably an ISX 2350, I've toyed with the idea with my old rig(never got the chance) and it most certainly can be done but you run into a very big gray area when it comes to emission regs as the engine and chassis is usually tied together as a glider gets away with it and emissions is simply tied to the engine year instead. On the ELD part of things, you get a trooper in a bad mood or they think you're full of it and park ya. I know few people who run "older" engines but it's only a matter of time before it bites them hard!!! Not trying to discourage you but many people on here would tell you to fix up the engine you got do a proper demandate by one our members and run with it.
If you can't run legal you don't need to run putting an old clunker of a motor in just to cook the books will get you nowhere here

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
iam well awere off mm i have it on 871-s accualy one Rawze did it 4yrs ago and still run old verzion with low temp. one mr.Hag year ago, ohh boy 7.5-8mpg with drivers on them without pyro gauge, still in love no issue,both off them13speed 3.58 frst one pushing 1350000mi no ovrhaul,and yes soon or leter head..tune up evry 80000mi for last 5 years in row, realy milky money from them and still run no issues. Its Volvos 780 2008 and 670 2009. I had bunch trucks from Classics to Volvos... We was hauling auto parts for GM midwest at most, and time to time Laredo and back. Loads are eld legal i mean was till market start changing and we dont doo GM anymore , now we transfer to dry ice loads ,wich is from avrege 10000lb, change to 45-46lb one way and back haul 20lb ... and from 3-4$ on mile to 2-2.5$ ... Short long story i hate eld and i know glider thing will come to end just meter off time(hope not :) ),but i hate what gvrmnt doo with truckers over-controling this busines, and evry way till i can i will try to drive truck freely and the way i want. Not to f. eld tell me sleep when i cant sleep... Buying a glider with who nows who did that engine and for crazy $$$$$ pop my nervs, rather iff is posible doo my truck glider because i know what i have and it is paid off all redy ,bild 570 by Rawze871 way to last... meybe is not best idea but iff i gona drive still truck it will be only with cummins, iam hard head i know :) i just hope in future cummins will copy paste Scania scr like did with fuel sistem and we all be happy about new engines :)
iam not 100% sure i will now this days iam on it,but puting old engine and make it glider you need to pass emmisions and register ass glider, and cops thing yes iam awere off it but i will doo iff is posible because just saying iff iam under load and i need 36 to doo and 5h away from home and cant use personal because iam going in direction off delivery, i will rather risk and goo be home with family then stock on truck stop or wathever. Iam not saying is right way but ...
You will never get your profitability back out of it. Esp. since it will be a fuel-sucking pig. Going backwards in technology simply does not make you any more money at all.... but only less by the time you add up all the extra expense on converting it , then adding up all the fuel mileage losses every single year vs. something more modern that is significantly more fuel efficient, and able to be just as damn reliable if maintained properly.

You will find no sympathy on gliders on my forum and such discussions get people kicked off this site quickly just for arguing it .. My site does not exist so that people can make bad decisions, run illegally like super-truckers, endangering the public becauz they want to cheat their logs, redneck thinking like some king of idiot the dukes-o-hazards, go-0fast, cheater mentality, all the other horse-s#it. -- My own pinon is that someone should take that way of garbage-can, profit-less thinking back to social medai where it belongs!.

Your about 1/2" away from getting kicked off here!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
Thread Closed 

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.