belo pipes
07-11-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
belo pipes
:electric_shock::electric_shock::electric_shock:Just wondering if anyone has heard of or had an experience with Belo pipes on isx 435. I'm at my witted end with this truck having no power, actually no boost, having had the engine rebuilt, New actuator, to after cooler, New egr plus a few other bells and whistles. Any ideas?
replyreply
07-11-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
RE: belo pipes
What truck manufacturer and year?
replyreply
07-12-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
2011 prostar.
replyreply
(07-11-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  What truck manufacturer and year?

Thanks for the comeback, it's a 2011 prostar. I love this truck, bu I'm losing my mind and my wallet. Any help will be appreciated.
replyreply
What are these belo pipes you speak of?
replyreply
(07-12-2016 )ynot Wrote:  What are these belo pipes you speak of?

Navistar shop foreman said that they're located on the rear of the isx and that could be the problem that I have with no boost. Said it wouldn't throw any codes, you wouldn't hear any boost leaks from them. I was wondering if any other drivers might have had any issues with this before, or am I just chasing another big pay day for international. The only way to get to them is taking out the doghouse.
replyreply
A leaking bellows tube won't cause loss of boost. Will cause a lot of smoke under the cab during a regen. If you look under the passenger floorboard area you will find a braided wire mesh that covers the bellows area. It's main purpose is to allow the engine to move independent of the exhaust pipe. If it has a hole in it I would also expect to see failed regens.

PS Mine was leaking in 2 places and would only smoke during a parked regen. I had no loss of boost pressure as the bellows is after the turbo and all the exhaust has already past the turbo vanes.

Added picture of the bellows pipe.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201607/post_1037_1468342466_0837d7fab96d935cc47588d66d7f6976.jpeg
replyreply
(07-12-2016 )fatzlargecar Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 )ynot Wrote:  What are these belo pipes you speak of?

Navistar shop foreman said that they're located on the rear of the isx and that could be the problem that I have with no boost. Said it wouldn't throw any codes, you wouldn't hear any boost leaks from them. I was wondering if any other drivers might have had any issues with this before, or am I just chasing another big pay day for international. The only way to get to them is taking out the doghouse.

If the flex joints in the EGR piping that goes back around behind the engine is/are leaking, there will be soot buildup wherever it is leaking. Look to see if you are getting soot buildup on those flex joints/pipes.

Low/no boost can be a lot of things, not just those flex joints

I own a prostar...

Also, if you need to get to them, they can be accessed easily enough on a prostar by simply pulling the shifter plate and/or accessing them from the side with the side panel off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-12-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  A leaking bellows tube won't cause loss of boost. Will cause a lot of smoke under the cab during a regen. If you look under the passenger floorboard area you will find a braided wire mesh that covers the bellows area. It's main purpose is to allow the engine to move independent of the exhaust pipe. If it has a hole in it I would also expect to see failed regens.

PS Mine was leaking in 2 places and would only smoke during a parked regen. I had no loss of boost pressure as the bellows is after the turbo and all the exhaust has already past the turbo vanes.

Added picture of the bellows pipe.

Nice pics of the exhaust flex piping. I think though, he was referring to the EGR piping that runs across the back of the engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.