belo pipes
07-12-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
RE: belo pipes
Ah. Never knew that was a bellows pipe, just thought it was high temp silicon hose.
replyreply
07-12-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
Mine was an orange/reddish color silicon hose with a wire around it. I had that replaced when we did the in frame, much easier to get to with the head off... I guess it looks kind of like a bellow? Here is a link to one, and it is a good price to boot! Cummins is like $300+ for one of these damn things.

Cummins 3684238 Connection Exhaust Outlet Hose
replyreply
07-13-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
(07-12-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  A leaking bellows tube won't cause loss of boost. Will cause a lot of smoke under the cab during a regen. If you look under the passenger floorboard area you will find a braided wire mesh that covers the bellows area. It's main purpose is to allow the engine to move independent of the exhaust pipe. If it has a hole in it I would also expect to see failed regens.

PS Mine was leaking in 2 places and would only smoke during a parked regen. I had no loss of boost pressure as the bellows is after the turbo and all the exhaust has already past the turbo vanes.

Added picture of the bellows pipe.
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing International is blowing smoke up my ass. I really appreciate the comeback.
replyreply
07-14-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
(07-13-2016 )fatzlargecar Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  A leaking bellows tube won't cause loss of boost. Will cause a lot of smoke under the cab during a regen. If you look under the passenger floorboard area you will find a braided wire mesh that covers the bellows area. It's main purpose is to allow the engine to move independent of the exhaust pipe. If it has a hole in it I would also expect to see failed regens.

PS Mine was leaking in 2 places and would only smoke during a parked regen. I had no loss of boost pressure as the bellows is after the turbo and all the exhaust has already past the turbo vanes.

Added picture of the bellows pipe.
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing International is blowing smoke up my ass. I really appreciate the comeback.

If they're talking about the egr crossover having a hole innit then that could cause a loss of boost. Not a complete loss I wouldn't think. I would think you find it easy yourself as it should be fairly loud from the hole.
replyreply
07-14-2016, (Subject: belo pipes ) 
When you rebuilt, Did you replace injectors? ??

I rebuilt my c15 and they said injectors were fine. Truck always had low boost but finally I decided to swap them out because they had a million miles and my boost went way up, power through the roof and it was great on fuel.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.