Oil pressure
04-23-2020, (Subject: Oil pressure ) 
Oil pressure
We change oil pump 4026691 for new 5532492 and oil pressure drop to 19psi. Then we take this pump off, and replace with another new pump from KW store. New pump give us 28 psi of oil pressure. Rod and main bearings are new, also cam bearing we replaced. When we mount pump 4026691 again oil pressure jump to 45psi. What to do with this strange situation?
replyreply
RE: Oil pressure
Others will chime in on this. Was there any paperwork in the oil pump box about a change in oil pressure with new pump.

Me personally I would be running the old pump in this situation. I just can't wrap my head around a new improved oil pump that makes so much less pressure than an old design used pump.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kolczyk
(04-23-2020 )Kolczyk Wrote:  We change oil pump 4026691 for new 5532492 and oil pressure drop to 19psi. Then we take this pump off, and replace with another new pump from KW store. New pump give us 28 psi of oil pressure. Rod and main bearings are new, also cam bearing we replaced. When we mount pump 4026691 again oil pressure jump to 45psi. What to do with this strange situation?

did anyone bother to verify cylinder to cylinder and bearing to bearing the part#'s?.

Could be that you have an enigne with alternate part#'s for bearing clearences and some moron only used standard bearings and did not check/mic them as they came out??. - this is a common issue with under (or poorly) trained service people who work on ISX's.

reference:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid32065

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kolczyk
I decided to mount the old pump and leave it there. I now have 45 psi oil pressure. Thank U guys.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.