Fault Code 1117
08-07-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
RE: Fault Code 1117
(08-07-2020 )Biglentil Wrote:  Replaced both fuel pressure regulator. Thought was good took it for a 30 minute cruise. Came back to the yard. While idling I rev'd her up and back to running like crap pouring white unburnt fuel out the exhaust. Could it be an injector?

do an injector leak test to find out...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-19-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
Could it be the ECM that causes the fuel pressure drop at filter housing.
replyreply
(08-19-2020 )Biglentil Wrote:  Could it be the ECM that causes the fuel pressure drop at filter housing.

On the CM870 and 871 engines, the fuel pressure delivery system and pressure regulation is completely mechanical. The ecm has no control over the pressures.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
WOW guys I'm 99% sure I finally isolated the problem. Reading through quickserve fault code troubleshooting for 2215 something stuck out that I previously overlooked. The fuel shutoff. So I ohm tested it 10ohms good. Voltage checked it and found it 1 volt less than than the battery voltage. In the trouble shooting guide with big bold letters it states voltage must be the SAME as battery voltage. Must of been just enough voltage to only partially keep it open at temperature. So I ran new keyed power to it and voila problem appears solved. Thank you Rawze and all the other contributors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Signature620
08-20-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
(08-19-2020 )Biglentil Wrote:  ...So I ran new keyed power to it and voila problem appears solved. Thank you Rawze and all the other contributors.

I can only assume that you disconnected the wire that normally feeds the power to that solenoid. - Applying power to the same circuit wire that normally feeds that solenoid can damage the components inside the ECM.

Thanks for sharing what you found.

replyreply
08-20-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
Yes I taped it off. You guys might cringe but I had a tough time finding keyed power under the hood so I tapped in to one of the red wires powering the ecm. I will probably track down why the factory fuel power wire is giving low voltage but its harvest and its go time. I do get a check engine code related to the fuel cutoff now.
replyreply
08-21-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
(08-20-2020 )Biglentil Wrote:  ... I do get a check engine code related to the fuel cutoff now.

this also causes the engine to limit fuel to the cylinders. it is essentially a 25% upper limit power derate.

replyreply
08-24-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
Rawze, had the same problem on a N14 a while back. Fuel solenoid feed from ECM. Realize that there may be an ECM problem. A "go time" issue. Ran keyed power out of the fuse box. Came off the solenoid with 2 diodes. Hooked keyed power to one and the ECM feed to the other. Figured if the ECM didn't see the solenoid it would get pissy. The diodes should stop any back feed. Didn't want key power going to ECM or ECM power going to key. Been a week or so. So far so good and no codes. Truck stays within 30 miles. Miss the simple days of turning the little knurled knob on the solenoid for bypass. Didn't need anything more than pliers if that.
replyreply
08-24-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
I miss the days when a guy would pull a t handle to shut the fuel off and it would run without a battery or even alternator. Update I had it happen to me once more so I swapped out the fuel cutoff for a new one and was able to connect it back up to the factory wire. Two days now not a hiccup.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.