Truck fridge
01-22-2021, (Subject: Truck fridge ) 
RE: Truck fridge
Update! The ICECO fridge is working like a champ! Knock on wood... I removed the passenger seat, installed a subfloor and nailed down the new ICECO 47 Quart ice chest style refrigerator. I ran eye bolts through the subfloor and cab floor, this thing is not moving. It is held in place with straps I found at Home Depot. They attach to the cooler handles and the eye bolts. This thing is built like a tank and draws little if any current off the batteries.

I left the truck parked for a month here in Michigan, I parked it the day before Thanksgiving and fired her up in January, around the 10th or so. I have solar panels, the flexible ones on the roof to maintain the four wet cell batteries in the box and the one AGM Group 31 battery in the sleeper. I left the ICECO on the entire time it sat, in the winter, and it was pretty cold. I do have a TK APU installed too, but according to my fuel gauge, it did not run much at all. And I did not turn on the bunk heater. I parked the truck and walked away for over a month.

When I got in, a few days before taking off on my new gig, the batteries were 13+ volts, the ICECO was doing its thing and the truck fired right up like it had sat overnight.

I looked at the ARB unit like Rawze has and some of the others. The ICECO has US support and a five year warranty, AND $400 cheaper than the ARB unit. And I am not knocking the ARB unit, it works just as well as this one and uses the same Danfoss compressor along with the same warranty. The difference is weight and build, steel vs plastic. And as I stated, this thing is built like a tank. It is heavy, around 80 pounds, and all steel. Solid latches and handles to strap it down. It is also silent, and rarely turns on, while holding 38*.

Here is the unit, https://amzn.to/3iDBym3

If you have an automatic truck, this unit will fit nicely between the seats. If not, and you are solo like myself, throw it on the upper bunk if you have one, or remove the passenger seat like I did. It is worth the effort and time to do that if you have no passengers.

It is a good size interior wise, you can put quite a bit of stuff in there, and it holds the temp and is accurate. I have a thermometer in there, and it reads the same as the exterior temp monitor.

When did I buy this thing? I looked on Amazon, it was Jun 17th of 2020. So, six months, and no issues. Currently it is $519 on Amazon. It also has an available exterior insulation blanket to keep it cool in higher temps. I really do not see needing that, unless you are say in the south or in the desert, for me it is not an issue and I see no need in purchasing one. If you get it free with the cooler, use it.

On a side note... I bought the ICECO to replace the 1.25 cu ft factory refrigerator. I replaced that around five years ago and it eventually gave up the ghost. I tried to repair it after removing, and found that I could not get parts for my particular unit. And it was repairable, it needed a new thermostat. But, after inspecting it, and seeing as the interior was cracked and the door was screwed up, it was time to be rid of it. I shopped around, and to replace that little unit was more than the ICECO unit. So, that was a no brainer in my book, and it is what, three times the size? I am just guessing, but close, and over $100 cheaper. A Best Buy in my book, if you have the room.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
Truck fridge - david24 - 04-27-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - Rawze - 04-27-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - JimT - 04-27-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - hhow55 - 04-28-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - tree98 - 04-29-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - JimT - 05-03-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - Waterloo - 06-17-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - John Doe - 12-01-2020,
RE: Truck fridge - Waterloo - 01-22-2021
RE: Truck fridge - Waterloo - 01-26-2021,
RE: Truck fridge - JimT - 01-23-2021,
RE: Truck fridge - tree98 - 01-23-2021,
RE: Truck fridge - JimT - 01-27-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.