Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput.
07-13-2016, (Subject: Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput. ) 
RE: Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput.
./uploads/201607/post_1240_1468434992_18284856e19492d48cdbf30faf1cae8b.jpg

Here's a picture of the manifold I made to experiment with and actually when I saw the results I paint it red and never looked back.
replyreply
./uploads/201607/post_1240_1468435499_bd0e1ab865a960913fc4cc21d4c4e578.jpg

This is how it looks. I know I can't fool no one inspector , but I really don't give a crapp .
I really shouldn't say that , but it's true.

There was another version of it in the drawing board with heather element to prevent unpleasant fuel knocking during cruising at no load in very cold weather, but seem I never gonna finish it .
Also there was a HE551V real feedback actuator position , but all is gonna go in the wastebasket.

I'm on the verge of giving up on all this nonsense going on in the industry.

Preacherboy, please except my apology for taking your thread into other direction.
replyreply
(07-13-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  This is how it looks. I know I can't fool no one inspector , but I really don't give a crapp .
I really shouldn't say that , but it's true.

There was another version of it in the drawing board with heather element to prevent unpleasant fuel knocking during cruising at no load in very cold weather, but seem I never gonna finish it .
Also there was a HE551V real feedback actuator position , but all is gonna go in the wastebasket.

I'm on the verge of giving up on all this nonsense going on in the industry.

Preacherboy, please except my apology for taking your thread into other direction.

No problem. There was someone here that was working with a turbo shop to come up with a "perfect" match for a conversion like this. Hope he chimes in. I'm thinking of using an HX55 because its smaller.......just thinking though.
replyreply
07-14-2016, (Subject: Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput. ) 
What kind of power you running? Or plan on running
replyreply
07-14-2016, (Subject: Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput. ) 
I'm covering one of mine back to VGT from fixed vain. The prices on the VGT has come down a lot from cummins.
replyreply
07-15-2016, (Subject: Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput. ) 
(07-14-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  I'm covering one of mine back to VGT from fixed vain. The prices on the VGT has come down a lot from cummins.

Converting back to VGT is a Very Good idea. The fuel mileage savings alone with pay for it over time.
replyreply
There is a fine line on the efficiency of the air vgt. For high torque/hp applications, i feel the hx60 is better. Low hp applications the air vgt may sqeek by it. But not by much. I have not seen many 565+ hp rigs have very good luck with the air vgt. The 871 electronic vgt is different.
replyreply
I like that intake wiseman. Excelent work. Make one for an 871 maybe???
replyreply
07-16-2016, (Subject: Replaced actuators.....now this...Need imput. ) 
(07-15-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I like that intake wiseman. Excelent work. Make one for an 871 maybe???

Thank you . It was only an experiment and I didn't put much thought to it . The outcome was expected, but it surpassed my expectations . Then I got excited and start remembering why I went to school many years ago and what's my forte . Designing and building complex machines .
Now I'm an old toothless fart with a lot of memories and ideas . My brain is still working and I always have something in my mind , because there's always room for improvement.

CM871 intake manifold is way less restrictive compared to CM870 . So it really doesn't need something bigger than what already is . Unless you're planning to push some really serious HP. In this case I'm here to be in service.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.