Fault Code
04-28-2020, (Subject: Fault Code ) 
Fault Code
Fault code: SPN 111/FMI 195. Am I reading correctly? This is a Coolant Level Sensor?
2014 Pete 386 Cummins ISX
replyreply
RE: Fault Code
No. Not reading correctly.

The SPN might be correct, but the FMI is not.

Where did you get those numbers from? In dash? Can you recheck those numbers?
replyreply
SPN: 111 is definitely Coolant system related.

A FMI: 1 - is a 235 FAULT coolant level most severe. I got this code when my belt broke going down the road and coolant boils up and blows out. Assuming that's not what happened as you did not mention that as an issue.

A FMI: 9 - is a 3613 FAULT coolant level sensor abnormal reading

There is no referenced FMI 5.

So it's either a SPN: 111 FMI: 1 Fault 235 OR SPN: 111 FMI: 9 Fault 3613

ADDITIONAL NOTE: The 195 you associated to the FMI is ACTUALLY a good fault coded to "Coolant Level Sensor 1 Circuit - Voltage Above Normal or Shorted to High Source." The FMI 195 paired with the SPN 111 however is a no go AND the 195 fault has a SPN: 111; FMI 3. If you think your fault code is the 195 you can see the QuickServe info on it here https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/pubsy...fc195.html
replyreply
04-29-2020, (Subject: Fault Code ) 
(04-28-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  SPN: 111 is definitely Coolant system related.

A FMI: 1 - is a 235 FAULT coolant level most severe. I got this code when my belt broke going down the road and coolant boils up and blows out. Assuming that's not what happened as you did not mention that as an issue.

A FMI: 9 - is a 3613 FAULT coolant level sensor abnormal reading

There is no referenced FMI 5.

So it's either a SPN: 111 FMI: 1 Fault 235 OR SPN: 111 FMI: 9 Fault 3613

ADDITIONAL NOTE: The 195 you associated to the FMI is ACTUALLY a good fault coded to "Coolant Level Sensor 1 Circuit - Voltage Above Normal or Shorted to High Source." The FMI 195 paired with the SPN 111 however is a no go AND the 195 fault has a SPN: 111; FMI 3. If you think your fault code is the 195 you can see the QuickServe info on it here https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/pubsy...fc195.html
replyreply
Thanks for the response. The quickserve link appears to be broken, but thank you for attaching.
I'll be dz'ing more this a.m. to see if I'm missing anything, will let you know what I see on the laptop!
replyreply
(04-29-2020 )GreenBean Wrote:  Thanks for the response. The quickserve link appears to be broken, but thank you for attaching.
I'll be dz'ing more this a.m. to see if I'm missing anything, will let you know what I see on the laptop!

Not broke, but you must be logged in to see it.

Registration is free.
replyreply
If its any voltage issues what we find most common is connector end the pins will be loose and not making a good connection. ALso we find broken wire....What I would do is ohm wires going back to ECM and see if you have a open circut. While hooked and checking have someone wiggle the wires all the way back to ECM....
As far as the plug good we have terminals to push in to do a drag test on the terminal ends to see if they are loose or not. If loose then we either replace or pull pins and tighten..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , redbeard , Rawze , t700
04-30-2020, (Subject: Fault Code ) 
(04-29-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  If its any voltage issues what we find most common is connector end the pins will be loose and not making a good connection. ALso we find broken wire....What I would do is ohm wires going back to ECM and see if you have a open circut. While hooked and checking have someone wiggle the wires all the way back to ECM....
As far as the plug good we have terminals to push in to do a drag test on the terminal ends to see if they are loose or not. If loose then we either replace or pull pins and tighten..

Thank you so much for that info. I'm checking the wiring today and also picked up new pins and a sensor (just in case) Always seems to happen when there's loads to be hauled!
replyreply
04-30-2020, (Subject: Fault Code ) 
After running diagnostics and chasing wiring and cleaning crusties in the connections...LIGHTBULB...Pulled the sensor and Shazam!! Crusties on the darn sensor...cleaned it, re-installed, cleared fault codes and everything appears to be A.O.K. Thank you Mr. Hagg for the TIPS!! And to Kozakvod for your input!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.